Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 05:59 AM
Sarnak

Honestly this merge has highlighted what I believe is the real problem: The journey matters. We've been separate since the beginning, and we've become so accustomed to the politics, people, and culture of each individual server. We see the same faces as we progress, build relationships, and felt generally comfortable with how things were and our place in it.

And then the merge was sprung on us without warning, and now everyone is forced to occupy the usual spaces with a bunch of strangers, trying to awkwardly navigate everything without the advantage of a shared history to bring us together. I instantly saw groups unwilling to take members of the other server, as if there were some purpose or duty to isolate from one and another.

I didn't really consider any of that when I moved to Teal, but now I'm a little sad while playing. Not because I want to have easy access to camps, or hate Seal Team or any of that. I just got so used to seeing the same faces and knowing where we all stood, that it's deflating to feel like we're starting over in a way.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pelerin1182 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why so many people are upset about the servers being merged, the only reason they opened Teal (as far as I'm aware) was to temporarily help with overpopulation of low level areas - which isn't a problem any more.

I think it's nice to have everyone back on one server again.
The staff just don't get it or something. All these years and they still just don't understand anything. They ruined the damn merge themselves by letting people dbl box instances of green and teal, and forced their own hand in moving it in order to preserve drop quantities of legacy items. They have this idea that if they just make all the normal things into a massive breadline, that all the low ZEM areas with no loot far away from bind points will suddenly be worth going to, really people just give up.

In the week leading up to re-merge i nightly ran my ranger between HK, SOlB, Guk, CT, troll guards and ogre guards and guild chat looking for groups, and guess what? Everybody had all the help they needed in all the normal camps. Not surprised, there isn't much in that level range. I was hoping maybe this week i'd have some better luck, but i guess fuck me. The GMs have probably never even bothered trying to join a group on either of these servers.

The server would be more classic if toxic players feared the consequences of their behavior a tad more. Maybe Seal Team wouldn't have been "the only guild on green" if they were held to standards regarding training when they were "the only guild on green". If they had ever been raidbanned for even 1 week for literally any of their bullshit, a new guild would have formed in exodus and taken the mobs. The situation would have self corrected, but instead of anything logical or rational or measured like that we get a worthless breadline of a server till kunark hits.

The server pop mightve handled 600+ in classic with no wiki, but it only handles 300+ people rushing to 50 and chasing the same wiki designated pixels. You couldv'e probly had 5 classic servers with 200-400 person pops. Now you will have one classic server with a 400-800 pop and a sleeper pop waiting for kunark. People will just quit playing because there just isn't room for them to. MOST PEOPLE don't want to be stuck on the same server with all the tryhards trolls and streamers all going at it with eachother. MOST PEOPLE don't want to play on Tichondrius or Blackrock. But here we are pigeon-holed, and all those dudes are allowed to come to where everyone else is going and dbl box. Shessh. How fkn tone deaf.
Last edited by Lovebags; 01-20-2020 at 06:51 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 06:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
400 online after merge.
Uh, no.

Perhaps at some instant in time as primetime was ramping up and teal people were trying to figure out what was going on, but at no single hour did the population max at 400.

It MIGHT see that now in the 5 AM EST hour. Maybe.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 06:47 AM
Fire Giant

Eh. Don't be a dick, be nice to people. It sucks that they jammed us all into a small space, but let's make the best of it.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:58 AM
Aviak

You thought experience camps from 40-50 were hard to get into before on Green? LOL. The zombies on Green never sleep. They do 12-20 hour power grinds. This is going to be tough on my coffee pot. Sigh. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Teal folks are fine people, it's just a little crowded as it is.

On a positive note, Split Paw might have a group? Don't forget to bind in HHK? LFG in Split paw.
Last edited by ravax; 01-20-2020 at 07:03 AM..
Old 01-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Kobold

just because players cant grow a pair and spread out to slightly more dangerous zones with slightly less xp doesnt mean the world is crowded
just because 100 lemmings all crowd into HHK and unrest doesnt mean the servers are full
Old 01-20-2020, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

1300 players was a low pop server in classic EQ. It's fine.

Move to resolved.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:30 AM
Aviak

Hope you enjoy the clusterfuck. All this will accomplish will be to cause players to quit. Leaving us with 1 server with teal/green pop than 2 of them. May just take a month or so for enough to get fed up with playing with shitheels.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:35 AM
Aviak

So , you cant camps with 400 players online? Im in everquest from 1999 solusek ro and i remember days with no exp gain,
and people disputing caiman spawn to get some exp. The actual green experience is so much fair and sofcore i have reqch a bronze plate armor at lvl 40 in 1999 and manastone was a epic item own just by a pair of dudes. If everione own a manastone, the epica is gone.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Aviak

Some of the veterans rember the old list concept? People joining lists to enter in a group for farm a room, alot people just sit in the floor waiting the current tank / healer / dps leave the group to take spot, and the classic spots like the FBSS in lower guk, campet 24/7 and people waiting hours tonget a place in the group, and then win the Random 1 100 if the item drops.
Closed Thread