Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 02:19 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get why there was at least one poll, and also an announcement for Teal to be created, but no warning at all or delay before they merged.

There's definitely a large piece of the puzzle that's missing here.

I contributed almost $500USD since Green launched, so for some of us at least, it's more than "free" game. I feel that this sudden pulling-of-the-plug with no warning on Teal has shaken my confidence in the leadership, and I will be abstaining from contributing (and playing) for the foreseeable future.

I'll keep checking the forums once in a while to see how the circus is going, and probably sadly smile when the population reaches the same 500-800 sustainable level that a classic server can handle in 2020.

Anyone want to start a pool? I have some money that was just freed up.

Astuce

per Rogean:

Quote:
Since the opening, the staff has kept a very close watch on the population and how the experience has been for players trying to find groups and mobs. You may recall that we polled everyone last weekend about the possibility of a second server, receiving very mixed results. Since then, we have had numerous internal discussions, taking many things into consideration, including: What we've seen from our own observing of the population of various zones; The petitions and behavior of the players; The many posts we've read on various platforms, such as our own forums, Facebook, Reddit, etc; The feedback and hesitation we've seen from people who are waiting to play due to the overcrowding; and comparing current numbers to the population of Classic Servers at the original launch of the game. It was also important to consider the affect such a population will have once the majority of players start reaching end game zones, of which there are a very limited amount, particularly in Classic. The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark. Considering all of this, it has become clear that a second server is necessary.

Therefor, we are happy to announce that we will be opening Project 1999: Teal within the next 24 hours. The goal is to keep both servers at a healthy population for the amount of content available. We will be keeping an eye on player numbers and merge Teal back into Green as soon as the combined population is appropriate for the current content, whether that be in weeks, months, or years.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
per Rogean:
So if this re merge fails to work due to over population would it be out of the question for the servers to be split again?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if this re merge fails to work due to over population would it be out of the question for the servers to be split again?
apparently these statements are suicide pacts, not reevaluated as time goes on. Watching from a distance this is hilarious, up close its a bit more of a calamity i suppose. Someday it will make sense why this is less popular than some might expect, hindsight is always 20/20
Old 01-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

600 ppl is PLENTY for a classic server, almost too much as you’re still having issues with finding groups or running into camped hot spots. Now double that and you got a clusterfuck all over again. Should have waited till Kunark at the soonest. Oh well...
Old 01-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Last night pop was nearly 1500
Old 01-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last night pop was nearly 1500
Good I hope. Hopefully it continues and is stable, then the community will eventually reform and it will be fun again.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
servers had 400 pop or les not classic, high zem zones are overcrowded go somewhere else

bet theres no group in kedge right now, learn how to play
Nobody is gonna actually go anywhere else and you're a fool if you think they will
Old 01-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is gonna actually go anywhere else and you're a fool if you think they will
I am literally watching people go other places. Just shut the fuck up already and move on to another game.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:11 PM
Orc

I started just as the merge happened. I'd rather they stayed apart but if the goal of P1999 is to emulate the real experience of 1999-2000 EQ then having too many people is part of it. I used to play Tunare Server and 2000 people online was fairly normal. Back then if you even got into any Lguk group at all it was a great day. we'll see how this goes.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact: i already quit, installed other emu over my P99 installations. If i even wanted to log in it would take hours and im not that motivated ever
Closed Thread