Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 04:20 PM
Banned

Default My Day-1 post-merge experience

I was one of the many Teal folks that wasn't too happy about the merge and had a mixed experience.

When I logged off pre-merge, I was 40 (druid) and just a few HGs in Rathe Mountains from 41.

When I logged in, there were 50% more people in RM than usual and people were camping individual HG spawn points. Prior to merge, RM was a place where you could pick off a HG without too much of a wait, making it not-great exp + ok money and you could do it while getting work done or reading a book.

Post merge, that's not really possible. So that was sort of an initial bummer. It took me quite a while to pick off 2 HGs and 2 Cyclops to ding 41 and I decided to go camp Permafrost for a Runed Circlet.

Got to Perma, there was one guild group there in their 40s - not sure what they were doing. Preacher was open - that was good. Preacher was up - even better. Preacher dropped the Runed Circlet - perfect.

Ported people around for a while and made some plat - no shortage of that - so that was good.

Went back to Rathe Mountains, still over-populated. Picked off a HG here and there. Popped LFG on. An hour later, got a tell from a group that was 1/2 Teal and 1/2 Green and they were doing CT. Ended up in a great group with some people coming and some going, all well-played and good people. Met a couple cool people from Green. Got 3/4 of 41 done. No deaths the entire night in the entire group.

I hadn't grouped in CT in probably 18, maybe 19 years. We had bad luck and got no named while I was there, but had a good time and got good exp and logged feeling better about the merge than when I logged on.

YRMV
Old 01-20-2020, 04:26 PM
Aviak

More people = more oportunities for group, lees for solo spots. I think this game is better in group, solo is just a way to advance until you find a group
Old 01-20-2020, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Had a solid time in LGuk, much good-natured Green/Teal banter going back and forth in ooc.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Being able to be anywhere in the world is awesome. I'm not bothered by the merge at all, in fact I was predicting it this weekend, but I feel if you were any other class your own chances would have been higher! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Large Bat

First experience with the merger was 100% positive. Met some great players from cross server that were very respectful and helpful. I would personally like to hear more of the positive reactions that have come from the merger.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Good to have friends from green and teal in the same place and to have my toons consolidated.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Large Bat

Let's keep this positivity going!

We have too many people on the board complaining about anything and everything.
When in game, I have 95% plus of players being very cooperative and community minded.

All those who have a problem with perceived high server population on green have obviously never played on the original pre-luclin live servers. There are other non p99 servers out there for those who have a problem with green. Please bring those complaints away from p99, everyone will have a better time.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Problem is the people, everybody is entitled and wants maximum XP right this moment, wants their camp right this moment. Grouping with 6 people is inefficient and not what FAST XP comes with. If you want fast XP you duo and trio or solo. Back in the day these were rarities. People would sit at Frenzied Ghoul in a 6 man group killing 15-20 mobs for an afternoon getting 2 blue bubbles and that was just a normal day of XP in the old Everquest. It's less about the journey now and more about efficiency and instant gratification. This is why 1500-2000 people seems bad, its the same pop classic had, but the playerbase is completely different now a days.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Was in Upper Guk, which had more people than a few days ago. Started a group with a Shadow Knight. We crawled around for a bit until we found a spot with mobs. Added a necro and a shaman. Had a good time. Felt like classic to me.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Banned

This stories were planted by filthy Halflings no doubt.
Closed Thread