Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Large Rat

Default new player intro

Hello all,

I have been playing on project 1999 for a few months now and am really enjoying it.

I never played on live so just running around and learning how to play Eq has been a

great experience, not to mention how helpful everyone I have met in game has been

so far.

Been playing a 38 druid (cykkin) and a 19 enc (irro) mostly.

Setup a twitch channel today, hopefully my pizza box of a computer will be able to

handle the pressure www.twitch.tv/9cykkineng9
Old 06-09-2016, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Nice! Welcome to P99 (although it sounds like you have been here longer than me). It's cool that a first time EQ player can come to EQ so long after it was in it's prime and still enjoy it. Most are turned away by the dated graphics but it's still an amazing game under the hood.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Large Rat

Thanks!

I think the community here is great. Everyone who stopped in on my stream earlier was

super helpful with twitch tips too.

Does anyone have any suggestions for settings to decrease dropped frames. I changed

server and upped my bitrate will try again later tonight hopefully.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Kobold

Hi, and welcome. I'm not good with computers, but i would give the spell particle density a shot. Maybe the graphic tug is making you lag? Like I said, i dunno, could be way wrong and they aren't connected, gl!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Large Rat

I've has those kind of graphical settings (density, opacity) turned down a bit for a while.

I was able to chat with one one the people who helped me out earlier and they were

able to confirm that there was general choppiness while viewing my stream but no

dropped frames.

If anyone has had similar problems with streaming over twitch and found a good solution, i would take any suggestions.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Aviak

Welcome to p99
Old 06-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been messing with my twitch settings to try and reduce the chops. Lowered fps a little, turned down resolution, and increased the x264 preset.

Don't have much time to play with it this morning but hopefully soon. Any suggestions (outside of buy a new computer) are welcome.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Kobold

Welcome. Summon Serous should you need help.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Large Rat

I just realized that I've gotten a few posts in without being specific about the difficulties I'm running into starting up with twitch. My stream regularly lags out for a few seconds and I can see my capture software goes down to a couple fps when this happens.

I am currently using obs.

My system is several years old and my internet connection is not the best (approx 11 ping 38 down 11 up).
I have reduced my aspect ratio and alot of other settings like bitrate ect. to very low values. It seems to be working alright and not lagging so badly so regularly.

Is there anyone else who has tried to stream with these kind of variables going on? What kinds of solutions might be out there?

Probably could start a new thread in technical discussion.
Closed Thread