Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Plus in classic bard can’t mez a mob higher than lvl 45... and no pbaoe snare for dungeon swarming(which would be dope bc swarming efreeti and LDC would be funny)
Old 05-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

And no cantana until Velious only pulses bois.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Banned

Enchanter too powerful here. Mobs aren't quite as resistant as live esp to charm/root.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter too powerful here. Mobs aren't quite as resistant as live esp to charm/root.
The one thing to consider about Enchanters (and actually Druids and Necromancers too for that matter, but to a lesser extent) on Green is that they won't have the Goblin Ghazughi Ring, or at least not at first. That item makes a major difference in charming effectiveness.

Resist rates may well be too low still; I'm not saying Enchanters won't be OP on Green. I'm just saying they won't be as OP without the ring.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are sorely mistaken. If you think bards are going to be able to swarm in empty zones in an all classic green
Who are you talking to?

My commentary was with regards to bards functioning in all environments. Group, solo charming, solo chanting, or aoe swarm dotting. In pretty much all situations bards can operate at near maximum potency naked as a jay bird. Our melee dps is “ok” up to about level 20. After that it becomes progressively more and more suckass. With regards to green, everyone will be sporting the same rusty/bronze/combine weapons.

Hymn of restoration (level 6 and modified by strings starting at 8) is stupidly overpowered in classic era groups. Bards bring their best to the table when their instruments are out and you can buy 2.0 mod instruments from a vendor for nearly the price of a cracked staff.

Swarming is lame and boring. I regret having done it at all.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 05-01-2019 at 06:13 PM..
Old 05-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with that
Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one thing to consider about Enchanters (and actually Druids and Necromancers too for that matter, but to a lesser extent) on Green is that they won't have the Goblin Ghazughi Ring, or at least not at first. That item makes a major difference in charming effectiveness.
Because invis is so mana intensive? Ghazughi ring might be the most over blown item on the server.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because invis is so mana intensive? Ghazughi ring might be the most over blown item on the server.
It's ENORMOUSLY convenient.

It barely changes actual effectiveness.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, it's kind of a joke how effective vendor instruments are for the price of like, 4 gold? Like, the horn from deep Temple of Veeshan is only like 4 more damage shield or like 12 more aoe DPS, or close to that. Compare the effectiveness of vendor weapons to deep ToV weapons it's insane. Would have been cooler if the scale of instrument effectiveness was longer and there were more options.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's ENORMOUSLY convenient.

It barely changes actual effectiveness.
I took my enchanter to the mid 40s without a GGR on a laptop with a touch pad. I started using a mouse and a GGR And suddenly became a God.
Closed Thread