Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Aviak

Exclamation Merging with Blue will kill our characters.

The staffs current plan is to merge with Blue at the end of Velious and restart Green. But what about us who choose to keep playing the characters we spent all that time on? They are dumped into the trashheap that is Blue; Inflation is through the roof, economy ruined, everyone's twinked as hell and the early game is dead...Have fun! Really?

I could go on and on but my point is, sending us to Blue will make our characters worthless. Please consider a new server for Green transfers. Blue was the beta phase for P1999 and there is no reason to ever go back.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

don't worry, green will be exactly the same by late velious
Old 12-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't worry, green will be exactly the same by late velious
Not quite... green won't be stagnating for an incredibly long time in kunark, which led to massive over farming of the best drops of that period.

i seriously doubt blue will ever merge with green/teal, though I could see teal/green merging into a single server once velious has been around for awhile. they will have either the green and teal server available at that point so reset one as the "new green" and combine the two on the other server.

That's my prediction anyway.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

The year 2024: merging Green 2.0 with Green 1.0 will kill our characters.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

They should 100% merge green with blue at end of timeline. Otherwise we end having yet another server like blue while everyone is playing on whatever the new server will be. So you will basically have 2 blues on top of the new server. That’s even less players per server.

Think of it like diablo does with ladder seasons. At the end of every ladder, you character goes to non ladder. So we would have all end of cycle servers merging with blue. It will help blue never die. And it will keep the next green fresh and new.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The year 2024: merging Green 2.0 with Green 1.0 will kill our characters.
Exactly... that’s why they should keep it where blue is where the recycle servers merge.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofus.Rick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh lets see if you're still playing in 4 years dude
relax
I first played P1999 8 years ago and I'm still here bud.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

The functional progression of green 1 and green 2 will be nearly identical, though, and not at all the similar with the beta server -- blue.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I first played P1999 8 years ago and I'm still here bud.
I think the point is you are worried about something happening multiple years from now that's not even set in stone.

Kinda weird to be honest.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite... green won't be stagnating for an incredibly long time in kunark, which led to massive over farming of the best drops of that period.

i seriously doubt blue will ever merge with green/teal, though I could see teal/green merging into a single server once velious has been around for awhile. they will have either the green and teal server available at that point so reset one as the "new green" and combine the two on the other server.

That's my prediction anyway.
it doesn't matter anyway because it'll be the same

like you think 7 years of kunark mattered for more than like one year into velious? lmao