Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just remember being the first person on the server to complete the Staff of the Wheel quest and after proudly linking it in /gu promptly getting kicked out of the guild for not grinding, officer telling me in /gu that it was the last straw and that it was bad enough that I hardly ever logged in because I had a job (I worked fulltime and still managed to log in 10-12 hours a day).

Joined WI a week later and while they didn't accomplish much they were much much more enjoyable to be around.
I kind of remember this... I was Firebomb, wizard
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Banned

It's a guild leadership's duty to treat it's members with respect, the problem was that their entire mentality was that the members were tools and means to an end and nothing more. Of the five raiding guilds that I had been a member of, RoI was the only one that operated in such a way.

I don't give a fuck if it was successful in practice when they took over that server, it didn't make the bulk of them any less assholes, the practices of the Third Reich were pretty damn successful as well when they took over that continent.

My only real fond memory of that server was watching the average level of the members of FoH drop by 2 when they zerged Trak 40 times before finally downing him.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kruel let's see a photo of TMO motd again.
Why do you ask questions of which you already know the answer to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 129.jpg (15.9 KB, 134 views)
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Kobold

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98EGa-i60ZY"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98EGa-i60ZY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

hmm does it work...

Part of the mighty zerg force in P99
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Kobold

hmm failed =(
here is another raid youtube fraps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98EGa-i60ZY
have fun

Part of the mighty zerg force in P99
Old 02-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm Shroooomed I'm Shroooomed !!!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Banned

WOW

TMO doesn't only give dkp (which is understandable), but also has to pay their members plat in order to have incentive to do something that's rather pathetic!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Kobold

What would you have us do with the piles of platinum pieces we acquire? How is distributing resources to members pathetic?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedduh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW

TMO doesn't only give dkp (which is understandable), but also has to pay their members plat in order to have incentive to do something that's rather pathetic!
How is an incentive program pathetic? Please elaborate a proper distinction between plat awards and DKP and why one is more acceptable than the other as a reward.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Banned

Had an informative post typed out then phone desynced, so i'll keep it short.

- Being a member it seems you would already want to help your guild naturally stay on top without needing incentive to help your fellow guildies, if you need one that is pathetic
- As a guild setting the precedent of treating members the same as any other random by paying them plat for a service is shady as it takes away any sense of special camaraderie
- I never said dkp was acceptable, but understandable since you atleast have to be in the guild to acquire that reward whereas plat you do not have to be tagged (your plat offers to anyone who gets FTE or tracks for your guild winning etc. troll posts or not)
- If you have heaps of it why treat plat help as an incentive when it could/should be used as an aid if you feel that person is worth your tag at all and needs help, why the need for them to complete a task?
- What ever happened to just helping others without expecting any direct benefit to yourself first?
Closed Thread