Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 05:23 PM
Skeleton

Default Current state of EQ live TLP server Aradune better than Green p99

FYI- Started a new account for greens launch but i played here since day one on blue and red (brief on red lol like most) so dont bother with the " but but but his start date" and this was my first TLP. I haven't been on live since 03' ish

The EQ live Aradune TLP is just a more enjoyable playing experience versus Green and the p99 community in general now. The amount of toxic bullshit I had been putting up with that doesn't even exist on Aradune made me wonder wtf had i grown accustomed too.

- ill take the krono bot farmers over the 24/7 perma campers, guild lock downs any day of the week. Most of the time those bot clowns either dont know the camp spot or react to slowly to stop anybody with half a brain.

- All the bullshit is removed. Nobody's playing EQ because we remember fondly the naked two hour corpse recovery or clicking a 1000 times to loot patch leather because you need the plat, or squeezed into the only 3 zones with 35+ people earch trying to get that same item list of things.

- Dual boxing. Zero issue. Im not even sure wtf people were complaining about. From 1 to 50 I went to all the high end camps solo and in groups- you just don't have a problem because you can use pick zone and go do what you want to do without any nonsense. DE mask? Go camp it. Want a quest item? Go camp it.

- Krono. Again zero issue. Bought one at the start to sell because I had heard all the stories and I thought im gonna need it. Never needed it. I leveled and camped shit, and it looks like im going to just buy it in game so i can play for free. And PRICING JUST A BIG WTF P99 Green? Pricing is actually normal things go up or down depending at the point of the server. I can't think of a better example of the destroyed economy on Green then Aradune's. It will literally blow your mind how easy it is to just play the game and gear up normally. Like we did in 99' ......

Kinda long but i wanted people to know what your missing out. The "not classic" live vs p99 crowd i think you'll find the give and take (no rechanged items, no raid scenes where one guild gets away with murder, no custom zem's, i could go on) Its a push now. They also fixed the server bullshit. Anyway discuss/

Quick edit for the OMG DA LUCLIN MODELS AND NEW SPELL GEMS ARE AIDS crowd. You can click them off. You can click all the new model stuff off. And the changed zones, i dont even notice- was never a big FP guy
Last edited by Nizilfkm; 07-23-2020 at 05:29 PM..
Old 07-23-2020, 05:37 PM
Server GM

What about the 10 minute zone load times?
Old 07-23-2020, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

RIP
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed. Seconds and a few more seconds on my less powerful notebook.

All the horrendous nonsense that went on the first month seems to be fixed and its still populated to the gills- but the population doesn't come into play with your playing
Old 07-23-2020, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

How do you do boxing? Is there a easy for old people to understand video or guide?
Old 07-23-2020, 06:06 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you do boxing? Is there a easy for old people to understand video or guide?
I put my notebook next to my pc's monitor and the mouse on the same pad with 4 buttons (attack,heal,slow,dot). Thats it. I made a few hot buttons, the follow command a x100000 better now and your set. I boxed a ranger-shaman for a bit and now doing a necro solo.

Edit- Its a "true box" server, meaning one account per PC. You would have to VPN it if you wanted to alt-tab and run two accounts on the same pc
Old 07-23-2020, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

what two classes/races do u play?
is it free to play?
Last edited by tsuchang; 07-23-2020 at 06:22 PM..
Old 07-23-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed 3 weeks ago
Old 07-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what two classes/races do u play?
is it free to play?
Its 17 or 15 a month to get started for a live subscription but you can legit make enough plat just playing the game to buy a krono in EC to pay for the following months sub. I think krono is a 3.2k now?

I started a ranger, added a shaman (barbarian) after somebody told me how easy it was and just started a necro that i plan to race change to iksar at Kunark launch in a month. Ranger is only 47, i mean you can push and hit 50 like here but wanted to hit all quest lines and group cp spots
Old 07-23-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

just get it over with and go play WOW already.
Closed Thread