Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Banned

I hear what you are saying Loramin even if a bit off topic.

My take is that the 'Ride or Die' mindset of devs has wained. See Coolidge effect.

For every hot girl there is a man tired of fucking her.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about Castle's million scrolls ... but does care about what's in the upper left corner?

I don't care so much about a one month limit on quest turn-ins, but I am concerned that our benevolent overlord, who once swore he'd make this place classic even if no one plays here, now considers unclassic server firsts more important than making a core mechanic of the game work ... on the classic server he spent over a decade preparing for.

Can't we all dump on Castle for his scrolls AND point out that Nilbog has lost touch with The Vision(tm)?

https://i.imgur.com/o02LUnZ.jpg
I think nilbog is busy with IRL. His post count barely goes up now-a-days which indicates to me, irl. Which who can blame him, after 10 years I wouldn't be as motivated as I once was working on the same project.

It seems to me that the guides work load has increased, some may say things are on auto-pilot with p99 currently.

In regards to achievements, that is a system that was created for green launch. (I think rogean made it?) And it's just had things added to it, prior to kunark launch they had a community achievement idea thread with very specific formatting.

Edit: I don't think the staff decide to add unclassic changes due to loss of focus. They've built up this server and the players keep trying to tear it down. It's human nature to find the easiest/laziest method of success and 1999-2001 could never hold up for 20 years.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-02-2020 at 01:23 PM..
Old 12-02-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think nilbog is busy with IRL. His post count barely goes up now-a-days which indicates to me, irl. Which who can blame him, after 10 years I wouldn't be as motivated as I once was working on the same project.

It seems to me that the guides work load has increased, some may say things are on auto-pilot with p99 currently.

In regards to achievements, that is a system that was created for green launch. (I think rogean made it?) And it's just had things added to it, prior to kunark launch they had a community achievement idea thread with very specific formatting.
To be clear, Nilbog has given us 10+ years of incredible development; I am nothing but grateful for that.

I also understand the server firsts thing, and think it's a fun custom, non-classic feature. I just think anything unclassic should always come after the primary purpose of this place: classic EverQuest.

My concern is that the Nilbog who once promised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
Project 1999 - Legit PVE Classic Progression

Release Date: October 2nd, time TBA.

After many joyful days, nights, and months of development, we are ready to release the server.

Brief description of highlights:

-Progressive through Velious -

- 100% Static Zones - You won't be able to repop an empty zone by zoning.

-Upon release, each RL player is allowed to play 1 client until it is deemed in need of change by the community.

-Classic Timeline - Prenerfs, nerfs, most zone unlocks will be based on an approximated time being expansion unlocking versus original patch notes. (example: box of abu-kar will drop from *any* lvl 35+ npcs until marfen binkdurple is added to sell bag of the tinkerers, then it will be removed)

-Classic Loot - DB completely redone to ensure proper drop rates from common, uncommon, and rare NPCs. Items you forgot about or never knew existed. You shouldn't find empty loot tables.

-Classic Quests - From the useless to the useful, I think all prekunark quests have been researched, fabricated and implemented. Enjoy

-Classic Spells - Spell levels and effects based on original data. Kunark and Velious spells will appear on the correct vendors when the time comes. Classic particle effects, with optional casting graphics.

-Classic Faction - Base factions recreated and populated throughout mobs; creatures and NPCs alike.

-Classic NPCs - Rarity of spawns ensured. Mob HP and level populated from classic spawnlogs. Missing mobs created, huge amounts of pathing work. Scripted NPCs available from scripts only. Dragons, Gods, and unique encounters are scripted events.

-Classic zones recreated - Cazic Thule, Runnyeye, Kerra Ridge with original spawns, quests, and loot.

-Original Plane of Hate/Fear/Sky.. mobs, pathing, loots, difficulty.

-Classic spawn times of mobs.

-Classic class/race combinations only - Halfling rangers, paladins. Gnome Shadowknights and paladins.. are off the menu.

-Classic spell gems and Velious UI are available -

-Classic merchants populated with traditional wares.

-Aesthetics - Faces, textures, clothing, weapon graphics, flavor text, proximity emotes.. fixed

-Classic Tradeskills -

- Norrath purged of frg/bst/ber/vahshir clutter.

- Kunark and Velious npcs removed from classic, until they are needed.

- Dungeon node pathing - Mobs should no longer have phasing ability, and have lost the ability to travel through walls.

- We will be doing GM Events! Minor ones and larger ones.. but definitely the Best of the Best

- Kunark and Velious, when open, will also be classic material. Look forward to original VP 1.0, Sleeper's 1.0, and Plane of Mischief 1.0

A few random features of interest :

- Food/water = mana/endurance effects-
- Eye of Zomm works -
- Blind works -
- Classic Feign Death mechanics -
- Mob run speed corrected - getting away will not be so easy
- Skills - class skills nerfed back into line.
- Pets - poof when you invis/hide/die/or zone.
- Pets - window works, (backoff, etc)
- Classic Alchemy pricing and recipes
- Classic Forage table created -
- Classic spawn points/bind points
- Invisibility spells have random duration timers.
- + hit by non-melee.
- PC pets operate from owner's faction
- Halflings can sneak
- Magical NPCs are immune to non magical weapons
- Endurance bar = Stamina bar, bring your invigor. (WIP)
- Boats are a WIP. Some currently have workarounds, others do not.
- btw, The Plane of Fear will own you in the face, GL on your lustrous russet.

For any questions, comments, suggestions, and a full list of Rules, please visit the forums located at http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com
now seems to think:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog, probably?
unclassic server first or classic EQ mechanics? forget classic mechanics for a month, they're not important.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Should make a new thread, Quality topic. This isn't a quality thread.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Banned

Perhaps I was a bit too crass. A metaphor is that the devs are in a marriage with p99.

When you meet folks in real life who have been married for 10+ years, how often is the passion and commitment level the same as the beginning?
Old 12-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps I was a bit too crass. A metaphor is that the devs are in a marriage with p99.

When you meet folks in real life who have been married for 10+ years, how often is the passion and commitment level the same as the beginning?
Having been married a lot longer than that, the commitment is greater the longer you go. It's easy to walk out in the beginning. The majority of divorces happen in couples who haven't been together all that long, with four years being a particularly strong spike. The longer you're together, the greater the odds you'll stay together.

In this case I call it an inapplicable metaphor: Nobody's married to eq-emulator. The obviously reduced level of activity and interest on the part of the admins here seems normal enough given P1999's extended lifespan. It originally started out as something of a "temporary" stopgap while waiting for EQC, after all. The admins here sort of got sucked in.

Danth
Old 12-02-2020, 02:00 PM
Banned

Are you telling me you fuck your wife the same amount now as when you were newly weds?

You and your wife's commitment level is rare and awesome. Passion is even harder to maintain. It's a biological fact.

I think the metaphor applies. At some point the devs will divorce from p99 and who knows what will happen to the assets they created.
Last edited by Seducio; 12-02-2020 at 02:06 PM..
Old 12-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It originally started out as something of a "temporary" stopgap while waiting for EQC, after all. The admins here sort of got sucked in.
Not to besmirch a good post but I want to highlight this. Not a lot of people remember or know this.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:17 PM
Banned

Again apologies specifically to Danth if a bit too crass to your partnership. I don't know the particulars of your situation, but I have seen this pattern before. Many decade happily married couples tend to have a rosy picture of relationships in general. There are just less happily married folks out there than Hallmark would make it seem.

I know many folks who 'fall into' a marriage level commitment with lovers simply because one thing led to another.

The fastest way out when you are in too deep and never planned to be is ghosting.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Banned

here we go again
Closed Thread