Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Orc

Even though this is called an "installer" I still must install titanium prior to running Dux?
I don't mean download it but I must [B]install[B] titanium on my pc and then run Dux. So Dux doesn't really install, maybe it modifies so it's easier to set up on the 1999 server?
Last edited by Solter; 03-31-2011 at 06:42 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'

I second this. Maybe its a coinicidence...but i lost that ability after using the installer. really dislike opening the spell book to do this. 2 pages back Duxa said that the lack of spell descriptions was a server wide p99 thing with Kunark......would the lack of right click memming be one too?
yep both of those are serverside. Nothing to do with UI
Old 04-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though this is called an "installer" I still must install titanium prior to running Dux?
I don't mean download it but I must [B]install[B] titanium on my pc and then run Dux. So Dux doesn't really install, maybe it modifies so it's easier to set up on the 1999 server?
It installs fixes/patches etc.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Updated to support new spellfiles released today. For those just seeking to upgrade those, simply use option (13).
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

I shouldn't have downloaded this:

It messed up my UI (I use Vert already, so I didn't think it would actually move windows around)
I can't Alt+Enter between full-screen and windowed modes anymore
...and now I can't even run the game.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Win7 Pro, 64-bit, on a laptop.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I shouldn't have downloaded this:

It messed up my UI (I use Vert already, so I didn't think it would actually move windows around)
I can't Alt+Enter between full-screen and windowed modes anymore
...and now I can't even run the game.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Win7 Pro, 64-bit, on a laptop.
It shouldnt have done anything to your UI other than reset positions of windows.

ALT+Enter should work just fine as well.

That error you posted happens once in a blue moon and has to do with the multi core CPU fix. Usually it just happens once and never again.

If you already have a UI setup and everything do not use Option (0) which is what you probably did here?, option (0) is meant for a fresh install where you dont have anything configured. On already configured installs you can use the other options (1) through (13) to manually install the fixes you want.

There is no way to install everything aka option (0) and at the same time keep all the settings intact, thats just the nature of things. A lot of things are done to the game files in order to tweak/fix bugs etc.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It shouldnt have done anything to your UI other than reset positions of windows.
That's exactly what it did, I just wasn't expecting it and it was a hassle to move everything back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ALT+Enter should work just fine as well.
Well, it doesn't.

Quote:
That error you posted happens once in a blue moon and has to do with the multi core CPU fix. Usually it just happens once and never again.
No, it happens every time I load the game now. 6 times in a row now.

Quote:
If you already have a UI setup and everything do not use Option (0) which is what you probably did here?, option (0) is meant for a fresh install where you dont have anything configured. On already configured installs you can use the other options (1) through (13) to manually install the fixes you want.

There is no way to install everything aka option (0) and at the same time keep all the settings intact, thats just the nature of things.
I chose option 1. I saw no point to making a new install of a game I already have installed.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's exactly what it did, I just wasn't expecting it and it was a hassle to move everything back.

Well, it doesn't.

No, it happens every time I load the game now. 6 times in a row now.

I chose option 1. I saw no point to making a new install of a game I already have installed.
Have you rebooted?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

I have now. It boots into full-screen mode (even though I selected windowed mode through your program), then after I select my server, the screen stays black and I get the above pictured error.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

It reset all my keybinds, too. A+

edit for EXTRA CREDIT!
The icon that gets placed on the desktop cannot be pinned to the Win7 task bar.

Thanks for the lovely time I will now have reinstalling everything to get rid of everything this updater did. You rock.
Last edited by Nocte; 04-01-2011 at 11:07 PM..