Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Skeleton

Default As a play new to the game/server, I'm concerned with this Sleeper stuff.

I've been seeing some threads going around about the sleeper being awoken. While I'm not very familiar with all the velious endgame content, I do know that he is a dragon that doesn't respawn, changes the game in some aspects and doesn't respawn once defeated, right?

People have been saying the game has been beaten and the dev's are probably done with the game now, is this true?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 AM
Aviak

This gonna be the new repeat thread?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:26 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculousmoose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This gonna be the new repeat thread?
I haven't seen any other threads really about this or going that deep into the subject i'm concerned with exactly.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:29 AM
Banned

protip: avoid the blue raiding scene entirely
Old 02-02-2016, 02:45 AM
Kobold

As a new player to the server, and especially the game, you have zero reason to be concerned about the sleeper. You might think that sounds harsh, but it's true.

A: Warders drop a select few items that will no longer drop.
B: None of these items are things you MUST HAVE or you can't do x/y content etc.
C: Being part of whatever group wakes her on any given server, while spiffy, is meaningless in the long run.
D: Raiding here is a lifestyle, one you probably don't want to bother with. So none of the above three would probably ever apply to you.
E: The staff isn't done with the server. p99 is alive and going strong, just now without warders and a chunk of raiders. Everything else will proceed as normal.

Now, as to "The game has been beaten" stuff... on the one hand, yes, it has. Waking the sleeper pretty much signals the end of the raid content for Velious. But on the other hand, there have always been a ton of non raiders throughout Everquest across all the expansions, and they still found stuff to do. Besides, even if the warders are down, there are still plenty of raid targets to go after for various different things.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R
Stop being concerned, there's plenty to do and the server isn't going anywhere.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

The reason I'm concerned. Is not the loot, could care less about the loot. It's that end game goal dream of fighting the legendary sleeper. Let's be frank the sleeper is one of the most known about and talked about historical mmo bosses ever. I aspire to do it one day. I'm sure the staff will do something if the community keeps asking.

Don't be worried as a new player. Server still have a good long life ahead of it. Good things will come I can promise. The developers are not done with the game. There is several era month patches to come and possible additional content.

ps. Welcome to p99! stay in game and off the forums and you'll have fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason I'm concerned. Is not the loot, could care less about the loot. It's that end game goal dream of fighting the legendary sleeper. Let's be frank the sleeper is one of the most known about and talked about historical mmo bosses ever. I aspire to do it one day. I'm sure the staff will do something if the community keeps asking.

Don't be worried as a new player. Server still have a good long life ahead of it. Good things will come I can promise. The developers are not done with the game. There is several era month patches to come and possible additional content.

ps. Welcome to p99! stay in game and off the forums and you'll have fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ This is an understandable reason to be mildly upset. I was part of the raid that woke the sleeper back on my server and got to enjoy a nice painful death (And a lot of drama. It was nasty. After that I switched to my FV character full time and never looked back) to her back in the day, so I had zero desire for it again. But for those of you that never got a chance back then, I can understand. Hopefully you watched the stream so you could at least be a tiny part of it.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:52 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangcreux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the dev's are probably done with the game now, is this true?
Where do you guys come up with this stuff??
Old 02-02-2016, 05:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One too many punches in the head from Kerafyrm?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He came up with it because he's just trolling.
Closed Thread