Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes....this.

I understand you were really excited but you need to be clear in /guild. Let them know you've been camping him and that you need X item, you tagged him and need a bit of help bringing him down.

Unless everyone in clue is ABSOLUTELY a retard, I am sure they would come help and allow you to loot X item then random the rest.
So you're saying that, while kiting Lodizal across Iceclad, I need to establish a dialogue in guildchat that I do, in fact, need something from the mob I've been sitting around camping for over 40 hours, and that I wasn't just doing this so some random level 52 rogue could loot a Belt of the Great Turtle?

Would you recommend I do that same shit if I were a cleric camped in BW for IF? That would actually make more sense because you need more than 3 people to kill IF.

Like I said, I'm not asking for them to give me back any of the loot they got. I just want anyone who's considering joining <clue> to be aware that they do some incredibly underhanded bullshit..
Last edited by Peener; 12-28-2015 at 12:01 AM..
Old 12-27-2015, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

it would have been nice if the officer/"raid" leader contacted you to see if you needed something, but if you just said "help me with lodizal plz" in gc with no context i can see why they didn't
Old 12-28-2015, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Thats pretty fucked up <Clue>, not gonna lie.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

This thread is giving me such a raging clue right now. I think we'd better follow it.
Old 12-28-2015, 03:07 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2015, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peener [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm a 58 bard. I've been camping Lodizal off-and-on for the past few days, and today I was lucky enough to have him spawn. Since I was by myself, I had two options: 1) ask guildies for help, or 2) call my RL friends who agreed to log in to kill him if needed. I figured since <Clue> had quite a few people online, it would be easier to just ask them.

Now here's where I admittedly messed up - I didn't speak up when the "raid" leader Rainbowcop started randoming off Lodizal's loot. I was a little jittery and excited from actually getting the spawn, and in the back of my head I was thinking that no decent person would simply random off everything without giving me anything since I'd been the one camping it for days on end.
So you are camping a mob you admittedly know you can't kill. You didn't camp the mob for days on end it has set windows and you called in your guild for help. Sounds like poor planning on your part.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavstabYoudead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you are camping a mob you admittedly know you can't kill. You didn't camp the mob for days on end it has set windows and you called in your guild for help. Sounds like poor planning on your part.
If there was any other group capable of killin Lodi in the zone and ready to engage, the OP broke the rules. Even if you were the only there when he spawned, if others were there before clue the OP broke the rules.

If the OP had the zone or area literally uninhabited and uncontested, you still shouldn't be FTE-info anything you can't engage.

At the end of the day, you camped something you couldn't kill. You called it your guild in to help and then got pissy when they randomed the loot? To make matters worse you then flame your own guild (or ex guild) for your own lack of planning?

Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Clue but you're 100% in the wrong here on multiple levels. You broke the rules and are now playing the douchebag card. If you really needed an item you should have discussed it before hand. Instead you decided to make a fool out of yourself.

If you can't kill it don't engage it. Unless you work it out before hand, don't bitch when the loot is randomed amongst those who helped kill what you could not rightfully kill without them.

PS: take it from a 60 bard ... as a 58 bard you don't really fit into any small kill squad capable of taking down Lodi in any meaningful way. You're not a shaman landing the critical turgurs or unresistable malo. You don't have torpor or complete heal. You aren't going to reliably tank it better than a monk, knight, warrior or hell ... Ranger. You'll add some insignificant dps and some unnecessary mana regen. Having you there is better than not, but you'd still be riding the coat tails of any squad that could drop it with so few. So what does that mean? If you don't fit the class archetypes that routinely kill Lodi with 3-4, don't bitch when two groups show up.

You sound like a greedy asshole.

PPS: you are not legitimately allows to "camp" anything campable without a capable force on hand. You effectively, stupidly, sat alone by yourself for a mob you couldn't kill by yourself and then illegally kited Lodi away from his spawn area depriving any other small crew from doing what you were not prepared to do.

This thread belongs in RnF.

I predict an epic backfire.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 12-28-2015 at 07:39 AM..
Old 12-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

posting in an entitlement thread
Old 12-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was any other group capable of killin Lodi in the zone and ready to engage, the OP broke the rules. Even if you were the only there when he spawned, if others were there before clue the OP broke the rules.

If the OP had the zone or area literally uninhabited and uncontested, you still shouldn't be FTE-info anything you can't engage.

At the end of the day, you camped something you couldn't kill. You called it your guild in to help and then got pissy when they randomed the loot? To make matters worse you then flame your own guild (or ex guild) for your own lack of planning?

Don't get me wrong, I have no love for Clue but you're 100% in the wrong here on multiple levels. You broke the rules and are now playing the douchebag card. If you really needed an item you should have discussed it before hand. Instead you decided to make a fool out of yourself.

If you can't kill it don't engage it. Unless you work it out before hand, don't bitch when the loot is randomed amongst those who helped kill what you could not rightfully kill without them.

PS: take it from a 60 bard ... as a 58 bard you don't really fit into any small kill squad capable of taking down Lodi in any meaningful way. You're not a shaman landing the critical turgurs or unresistable malo. You don't have torpor or complete heal. You aren't going to reliably tank it better than a monk, knight, warrior or hell ... Ranger. You'll add some insignificant dps and some unnecessary mana regen. Having you there is better than not, but you'd still be riding the coat tails of any squad that could drop it with so few. So what does that mean? If you don't fit the class archetypes that routinely kill Lodi with 3-4, don't bitch when two groups show up.

You sound like a greedy asshole.

PPS: you are not legitimately allows to "camp" anything campable without a capable force on hand. You effectively, stupidly, sat alone by yourself for a mob you couldn't kill by yourself and then illegally kited Lodi away from his spawn area depriving any other small crew from doing what you were not prepared to do.

This thread belongs in RnF.

I predict an epic backfire.
Spot on dude... exactly what needed to be said. Hes upset the people he called to save him wanted roll? Thats like me rolling into ToV and finding Vulak up and saying "MINE" then call in 70 people and tell them they cannot roll. OP is a douche that was not prepared for the mob he was camping.
Closed Thread