Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Where should P99 go from here?
Nowhere: Allow P99 to stagnate in Velious without the Sleeper. 49 11.37%
Stay in Velious: Reset the Sleeper script & let Warders continue to spawn. 116 26.91%
Progress to Luclin: Follow the natural time-line and let P99 continue into Luclin 130 30.16%
Open a new server: Preserve the P99 servers as they are, take any new options to a new server. 66 15.31%
Custom Content: Stay in the Velious era and progress via custom content from there. 70 16.24%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1027 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't need any proof, the gift of common sense is hard to grasp eh?
Dude says "this sux" and proceeds to create a game server void of the sucky parts that went into classic EQ. No common about it, just makes sense.
So you have no proof.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yyyu-p
Old 02-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be no reset. It's classic.
I don't know why players keep claiming the staff said there will be a reset. I have never seen any official source say they would do a reset. In fact, I remember in a stream hearing Nilbog say that the sleeper not being reset is classic.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why players keep claiming the staff said there will be a reset. I have never seen any official source say they would do a reset. In fact, I remember in a stream hearing Nilbog say that the sleeper not being reset is classic.
You're correct. Who knows though, custom content may involve putting Kerafyrm back to sleep one day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're correct. Who knows though, custom content may involve putting Kerafyrm back to sleep one day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't say that, Hokushin is going to be on suicide watch !
Old 02-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember in a stream hearing Nilbog say that the sleeper not being reset is classic.
Yeah it wasn't reset, just revamped in 2002. First to the legends server then some weeks later to the rest. I don't know the details, just model updates and some pre-awakening content/mobs whatever. Was always meant to be a one-off I guess. At least it never turned into a repeatable solo encounter for some lvl105 bard. Custom content would be better, a little bit, I mean that was part of the point of the legends server, though I heard it was a bit lame there.

btw couldnt vote for the last one with "progress" too open for interpretation. No bush/towers, so went for Nowhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Daywolf; 02-03-2016 at 10:10 AM..
Old 02-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin launch please.

I want to raid Seru, Vex Thal, Ssra, The Deep and Akheva again please! Fantastic raid mechanics finally come in, great AAs and Spells that balance classes, so gooood
But best thing of all, LUCLIN GRAPHICS WOULD BECOME LEGIT AGAIN!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Understand though I would expect this on a custom content server while leaving p1999 blue as it is until the final patch of Velious, forever in the "classic" stasis timeline.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaleth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But best thing of all, LUCLIN GRAPHICS WOULD BECOME LEGIT AGAIN!
Only two things I liked about luclin. 1. was that longsword. Yeah, you know, that.. longsword hah. 2. sit animation for wolf form. However, with a ranger main, only one or the other really mattered at any given point in time.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reverse the progression. Undo each patch in order, then re-lock Velious, do Kunark-vanilla for 5 years, then relock Kunark, etc., all while at the same time draining chars of exp anytime they kill something, until we all are level one fighting over bone chips. Then restart the progression again.

Zebuxoruk compels you.
This is the best proposal I've seen in a long time! High five!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
There will be no reset. It's classic.

See Sirkens Sig
If we want to get technical there is precedence on live for resetting thhe sleeper therefore resetting would be "classic". I will admit resetting it was not widely used on all servers, but it did happen.
Closed Thread