Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Banned

Default Any idea why my faction would randomly drop?

I'm playing a Troll Shaman on Blue. I've been hunting the Freeport guards in East Freeport for a few days now. I finally decided to go over to North Freeport to test my faction. I was indifferent to the guards, the bards, the clerics etc. and was able to bank with no problems despite one of the bankers scowling at me. I actually banked 2-3 times, and then went back to hunting more guards because I wanted to try to get my faction even higher. After like 6 hours of hunting the guards, I went back to North Freeport to check my faction and suddenly realized that the paladins / clerics are now regarding me apprehensively, and the bards are now scowling at me ready to attack?

I'm genuinely confused about what could have changed?
Old 12-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

You were probably invis the first time you conned them.
Old 12-04-2022, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were probably invis the first time you conned them.
I thought about that too, but the banker on the right scowled at me, banker on left was indifferent. It built my confidence up so much that when I went to the EC Tunnel and bought something, and made a return trip back to the bank I ran through without invis and just felt really safe. IDK. It's really confusing for me.

It would make more sense that I was invis though because like... nothing I killed should have improved my Bard faction.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought about that too, but the banker on the right scowled at me, banker on left was indifferent.
That's bizarre, they're literally the same NPC with the same factions technically.

Wall banking is your friend anyhow in kos zones on characters with invis in/invis out potential. It is nice to be able to vendor in certain areas however where you can.

Killing trash in Mistmoore (when nobody is around preferably) is one way to get that bard faction up.