Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1 Cleric/Enchanter
#2 Shaman/Enchanter
Seconded. True all the way until level 60 when it comes #1 Shaman/Enchanter and #2 Cleric/Enchanter.

I'm willing to prove it too, I'll play a level 60 shaman with a 60 enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Splorf22/Lorean! You're an authority on this. Best duo partner with Enchanter?

Hey OP, if Splorf22 doesn't post in this thread and hasn't yet, send him a PM - the guy has cred. (find the Solo Artist Challenge thread)
Last edited by lecompte; 08-07-2013 at 03:15 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Listen...Mistress Anna or a Spiroc Proven, there is no pet that will level you quicker from 39-54/55, and if you want to whine about the shaman tanking, then just have the shaman's pet tank, either will do on a slowed mob. When your charmed pet does more than double his dps from the back it's pretty easy to see which way is quicker. I mean even if you are running cleric/enc just have your cleric face tank, it will still be faster than CH'ing charmed pets.

Obviously there's other rogue mobs like the ones in MM for lower leveling, but since people keep bringing up CH being useful or something I'll just post this

Druid/Enc doesn't start to be super efficient for leveling until 52-60 imo, when you can go to SolB and double charm.
Last edited by Widan; 08-07-2013 at 03:16 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seconded. True all the way until level 60 when it comes #1 Shaman/Enchanter and #2 Cleric/Enchanter.

I'm willing to prove it too, I'll play a level 60 shaman with a 60 enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Splorf22/Lorean! You're an authority on this. Best duo partner with Enchanter?

Hey OP, if Splorf22 doesn't post in this thread and hasn't yet, send him a PM - the guy has cred. (find the Solo Artist Challenge thread)
I would do Shaman/Enchanter over Cleric/Enchanter, even if Cleric/Enchanter is better at 60, because:

- If I ever stop doing the duo with my friend, the Shaman can do more on his own (good point: the solo artist challenge thread you mentioned)

- The Shaman gameplay is going to be more interesting than just healing the Enchanter's pet the whole time, since they can provide a little extra DPS, do canni, etc. Just a little more dynamic. I'm not going to convince my friend to come play a Cleric and just follow me around and heal my pet, nor do I know if I'd want to take the Cleric role. I would take the Shaman role in a heartbeat, though, if he wanted the Enchanter.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langrisser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
above post is not thinking clearly, why double slows and hastes and no ports? druid can do everything shaman does and more. cleric is not needed because exp is so fast why res? and no snares.

THINK
FAIL
Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lorean! You're an authority on this. Best duo partner with Enchanter?
For leveling up? Probably either another Enchanter or a Necromancer. Either way you double charm, give torches, and kill the pets as they die. Having someone else to mez the charmed pet that is beating on you is excellent as well.

For killing real top bosses? Probably the number one consideration is 'do they have puppet strings?' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] After that I'd probably say BP cleric > shaman > normal cleric, especially if memblur is ever fixed. Also the people saying that because the enchanter has slow the shaman is worthless have obviously never tried to kill anything over L55. Pasi has it right: double MR debuffs and double slows are absolutely key on high-level mobs that can easily resist slow 5x in a row. Unless of course you have a Donal's BP and you don't care how much damage you take.

Really though, what matters is the skill of the players more than the class optimization. I'd much rather have Good Enchanter/Rogue than Shitty Enchanter/Cleric.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this has probably come up 100 times but I had only seen a couple threads before and the search term "duo" is too short so I'm going to ask again. :P

What are good duo combos if I want to play with a friend and we may play at odd times / no group.

CLR + ENC?
SHM + ENC instead?
SHM + MNK?

Any combos really good that I might not be thinking about?

Thanks!
Whether leveling up or at 60, there are TONS of effective combos. Try using google search instead of the forum search... something like "p1999 best (leveling/60/loot/farming/whatever term you like) duo".
Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

yea agro kite with a cleric fukin THINK
Old 08-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen...Mistress Anna or a Spiroc Proven, there is no pet that will level you quicker from 39-54/55, and if you want to whine about the shaman tanking, then just have the shaman's pet tank, either will do on a slowed mob. When your charmed pet does more than double his dps from the back it's pretty easy to see which way is quicker. I mean even if you are running cleric/enc just have your cleric face tank, it will still be faster than CH'ing charmed pets.
DogDog as tank -- LMAO. He's like 12 levels lower than the shaman.
Keep in mind that ENC can slow mobs too, so CH'ing won't be happening all that often,
especially if pet is buffed by cleric.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Unless I missed someone say it... My favorite duo is Bard/Necro.

I am a bit biased being a bard but between the two classes you have access to almost every spell in the game. You mentioned not enjoying the "swarm kiting" aspect of bards and I think this duo is way better for someone that doesn't enjoy that play style. It's a very dungeon friendly duo that will still challenge you a bit, but the team will be able to take down many high-end mobs.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Rogue/ charmed fire beetle
Closed Thread