Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile Hello Everyone!

Hello, my name is Dennis and I've decided to finally set up and roll on Project 1999. I first played EQ once Kunark was released, I was super young, and it was the best time of my gaming life!! Trying to relive some nostalgic adventures so if anyone wants to group, add me, my characters name is Dnice and at this moment I am currently a level 3 druid. Does anyone have any info on some things they wish theyd have known early levels, or any advice for playing a druid? I was a wizard back in the day, and only got around level 30 or so. Thanks and hope to see you guys online!

[======]}::::;;;;;:::::;;;;;;;:::;;;;;::::.

Level 40 Wood Elf Druid - Dnice
Level 42 Iksar Monk - Kickzz
www.twitch.tv/dxjx
Old 08-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server Dnice! I can't think of anything I wished I knew when I was leveling.. other than maybe more people. I don't have much advice for playing a druid, but I would advise you to just really meet as many people as possible and network a little early on. I have been on this server a few years now and some of the people I leveled with are still those who I rely on today!

If you need any help or have questions on where to level just send me a tell in game--I will do what I can or at least point you to someone who can hook you up!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome. Here are some tips:

1) Always refer to the Project 1999 Wiki for information. It's not always accurate, but it often is, and has a ton of useful info.

2) Save money for spells - they will eat up a lot of your money until your late teens or 20s. To get more money, you can sell Crushbone belts/pads for 1pp/2pp each (if you're in Crushbone), kill skeletons and sell bone chips for 5-10pp a stack, and kill bears and sell high quality skins for 20pp each.

3) Group up if you can, and stick to dungeons when grouping. Crushbone will take you from 5 to 12 or so, and Unrest will take you from there to at least 20. Dungeons give more EXP per kill than outdoor zones, and better loot. If you're soloing, charming animals is extremely powerful and efficient starting at level 14.

4) Don't be afraid of long distances. You can find ports from anywhere to anywhere (you may have to do a little running to get to a spire or ring). People are nice and will port you for free if you can't afford to pay them and ask nicely, explaining that you're new and don't have money. Do a "/who all druid 39 60" or a "/who all wizard 39 60".

5) Don't forget to train Meditate at level 8!
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks so far guys! The wiki is coming in pretty handy!

www.twitch.tv/dxjx
Old 08-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Do you know how many time zones there were in the Soviet Union?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Don't buy all your spells for every level! A lot of then you can go back and buy later if necessary.

Not sure what type of player you are, but I would try to make it to EC ASAP. Lots f grouping to be had there and higher level player often assist with buffs and newb gear.

Good luck and welcome!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks guys. People have been very friendly in Gfay, got a group going at orc hill and someone bought 5 bat wings off me for 20pp because he was very nice! so far so good!

www.twitch.tv/dxjx
Old 08-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

got me a girlfriend

www.twitch.tv/dxjx
Old 08-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

As a Druid you will need to group until level 14. 8 thru 14 on a Druid solo just sucks. Once you get SoW, Stinging Swarm, and Befriend Animal you can start soloing then Charming. Lots faster XP. Karana's best place to start. East probably the best at low level.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Aviak

put a point into sense heading and bind it to your movement keys

you're welcome
Closed Thread