Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I just got back from the good ol' USA to Japan. All updates will be done tonight JPN time. I'll make sure I get everything I can find on here.

<333 you guys!
Some of the things in the original post have been fixed by the way (like the bind sight song), so to save the devs the headache of sifting through what's been fixed/what hasn't, you might want to change that as well.

Also, we all totally thought you were dead.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Update, 29 Sep 2010

Added to Bugs:
-Solon's Bewitching Bravura (39 Charm) Mana Cost.

Added to Fixed:
-Bard Mana Regeneration.

-Songs wearing off on recast.

-Lyssa's Solidarity of Vision.

As a side note, I really believe the charm bug needs to be looked at. It is at this point a huge single point of failure for the bard class. I have supplied more than enough evidence to prove this. Also, it's been a while since the last update so if I missed anything please don't be shy about letting me know. Thank you!
Last edited by Jete; 09-29-2010 at 08:57 AM..
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

The Mez song having no push component is not listed in your official list.

To me, it's the most important one as it is a great pulling tool.

cheers
Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Bump, Nice Job Jete
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Social / Charmed Pet Aggro
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11990
YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5HLlJnxMsY

Currently there is an issue with both Social aggro and charmed pet aggro. What is happening is the charmed pet is somehow transferring much more aggro to its master than it should. As far as the social aggro goes, mobs for some reason do not assist each other when a charmed pet attacks one of their "friends."
Could this be due to charmed creatures being treated in the same way that pets are treated? I mean if a mage pet pulls a mob and dies, even though you haven't cast anything on it the mob will agro you correct? If I had to guess I would think that this relationship and how it extends to charmed creatures has something to do with the agro issue you're experiencing.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Mez song having no push component is not listed in your official list.

To me, it's the most important one as it is a great pulling tool.

cheers
Hey Astuce, is that push component classic? I'll do the research tonight (if you guys haven't done it) when I come home. If someone wants though they can write up a bug report on it with *facts* on it. I've tried writing bug reports based on player experience and they don't give a hoot.

But I'll look into it A.S.A.P.
Last edited by Jete; 09-29-2010 at 06:02 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdr642 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could this be due to charmed creatures being treated in the same way that pets are treated? I mean if a mage pet pulls a mob and dies, even though you haven't cast anything on it the mob will agro you correct? If I had to guess I would think that this relationship and how it extends to charmed creatures has something to do with the agro issue you're experiencing.
No they aren't being treated the same. I did some testing (if you click the link that holds the bug report on it you'll see the mage's name who helped me) and as far as I know Bard charm is the only one doing this. No other class pet or charm seems to be acting like ours. I could be wrong though, the issue is that Enchanters don't have a community like ours where we try to help each other out so it is very difficult to get any straight facts without it turning into a flame war!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeroyoyort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, there was no bard song window. All our buffs went into the main slot of buffs. It allowed for players fighting dispell mobs to regain buffs fast. Similar to insta clickies. I kinda like the song buff window ::shrug:: but insta buffs are nice too!
I didn't skip this post either. Just as a heads up this could be a huge buff for raid bards.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Aviak

Welcome back Jete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No they aren't being treated the same. I did some testing (if you click the link that holds the bug report on it you'll see the mage's name who helped me) and as far as I know Bard charm is the only one doing this. No other class pet or charm seems to be acting like ours. ...
It seems my enchanter's pet (note: not his charmed pet), upon dying, will cause whatever was hitting it to aggro me and have just a little bit more aggro than usual, but not too much (like it takes a few seconds more to get the mob off me and onto my new pet, but it doesn't seem to draw as much aggro as bard charm will when it runs out).

Actually Jete, have you yet figured out exactly how much aggro un-charming a mob generates for the mobs the charmed pet was attacking? Is it a lot of aggro (aka so much that it would be very difficult for someone else to come get the enemy off of you), or is it just a little bit like when a normal pet dies? Because then what people are saying might actually be valid.

edit: there was another part to this post but it got truncated for some reason.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 09-30-2010 at 10:00 AM..