Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get some HP/AC rings as soon as possible. If plat ones are too expensive get some gold ones and it should save you quite a bit of plat. Also, a full suit of banded usually runs about 90 plat, however, if you don't want to make the run to EC it costs about that much to get your skill to the level you need it to be, maybe a little more. As for weapons, there wont be many options until you save some plat and can buy a decent one. As for quested ones, http://wiki.project1999.com/Bonethunder_Staff_Quest is a decent quest if you plan to focus on undead and starts in the qeynos area. http://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_skyfire can be picked up for about 50-100 plat will last you until it starts to proc. If you are after a 2h weapon, it would probably be best to get a http://wiki.project1999.com/Baton_of_Faith as you can pick it up very cheap and has a decent ratio.
Hey man, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I don't have the money for any of those things that you mentioned, so it seems like I will be shelling out the money to train up my blacksmithing and get that banded armor after all.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

I feel the same about looting gear vs buying it. In classic eq there just aren't many drops until you start to get into your 20's and above. On live and when p1999 opened people were wearing banded armor and using whatever weapon they could find into their 20's and beyond - that's kind of how the game was meant to be played. Of course p1999 has been around for 7 years and there is so much gear floating around that it almost seems abnormal to loot your own gear.

On that note here's a thread I made where I recently-ish leveled my ranger in this exact fashion, only using what I looted and not buying anything from other players ( seems pretty relevant! ) http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254758 Hopefully that gives you some kind of idea as to what looting your own gear looks like. Looking through those pics again I see I didn't start shedding my vendor bought Leather armor until my mid - upper 20's : )

I had fun knowing pretty well all the available loot in this game and trying to go to those areas and hunt it down - unfortunately for you I don't really know of an easy way for you to find usable items except to use the wiki like others have said.
As far as weapons go the first 2 hander that you can try to look for would be the Shiny Brass Halberd that drops in Highpass Hold - you can head there in your mid to upper teens.

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Last edited by utenan; 11-28-2016 at 09:08 PM..
Old 11-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

There is a guide called "the ultimate leveling while making money guide". It has farmable camps for all level ranges. At your level I would try to get to the sisters camp in Lfay and kill them for there bronze weaps, vendor for 5-10p each, 4 spawns, six minute timer, merchant in zone. Or go to befallen in west commons and farm bone chips to sell in east commons for 10p a stack.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Kobold

You can kill rabid wolves/bears in Qeynos Hills and give their pelts to some one at the cleric guild in Qeynos, the spell you receive for this sells for a few plat. Once you figure out where the rabid animals are, you can get a decent amount of money in a pretty short time.

You can then upgrade from a tarnished sword to a merchant bought one, Like "cladmore". You will also see armor and weapons on merchants that players have sold, like bronze, which can be bought back for like 10-20pp each, and stuff like that. This is one way to start getting out of the cloth/tarnished wep situation.

Bandits in West Karana have a similar quest where you turn the sashes you loot off of them to a guy in Qeynos, its doable around your level.

Can look these up on the wiki for exact details.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel the same about looting gear vs buying it. In classic eq there just aren't many drops until you start to get into your 20's and above. On live and when p1999 opened people were wearing banded armor and using whatever weapon they could find into their 20's and beyond - that's kind of how the game was meant to be played. Of course p1999 has been around for 7 years and there is so much gear floating around that it almost seems abnormal to loot your own gear.

On that note here's a thread I made where I recently-ish leveled my ranger in this exact fashion, only using what I looted and not buying anything from other players ( seems pretty relevant! ) http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254758 Hopefully that gives you some kind of idea as to what looting your own gear looks like. Looking through those pics again I see I didn't start shedding my vendor bought Leather armor until my mid - upper 20's : )

I had fun knowing pretty well all the available loot in this game and trying to go to those areas and hunt it down - unfortunately for you I don't really know of an easy way for you to find usable items except to use the wiki like others have said.
As far as weapons go the first 2 hander that you can try to look for would be the Shiny Brass Halberd that drops in Highpass Hold - you can head there in your mid to upper teens.
Hey, thanks for the info! That thread of yours is actually really interesting, and makes me wish I had a dedicated adventure partner. Sure would make things easier! I'm certainly more motivated after reading that though. Maybe inspired by your use of vendored rawhide into such high levels, haha. I guess it's time for me to get out there and find something...maybe that halberd? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aandolaf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can kill rabid wolves/bears in Qeynos Hills and give their pelts to some one at the cleric guild in Qeynos, the spell you receive for this sells for a few plat. Once you figure out where the rabid animals are, you can get a decent amount of money in a pretty short time.

You can then upgrade from a tarnished sword to a merchant bought one, Like "cladmore". You will also see armor and weapons on merchants that players have sold, like bronze, which can be bought back for like 10-20pp each, and stuff like that. This is one way to start getting out of the cloth/tarnished wep situation.

Bandits in West Karana have a similar quest where you turn the sashes you loot off of them to a guy in Qeynos, its doable around your level.

Can look these up on the wiki for exact details.
Yeah, I just discovered how lucrative those rabid wolves and bears can be. Think that's how I'm gonna fund my banded armor!
Old 11-29-2016, 02:53 AM
Planar Protector

Kill the dwarf by the dock in qeynos. Get a passing druid to give you a ride to butcherblock and back.

Hand in the dwarf's head to receive a blood forge hammer (13/51 +10mr)
Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieGSB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone, newbie here. Well, relative newbie. I've got a 14 Druid and now a 10 Paladin, but there's something that's been bothering me: gear.

I've seen around here that gear maybe doesn't matter so much, but really, I can't be using cloth armor and a Tarnished Two Handed Sword forever now, can I?(And really, I'm a paladin, I'd at least like to look the part.) Merchants don't seem to be much help, selling breastplates for 766 plat, and blacksmithing is apparently a huge gold sink that I just can't afford as a newbie. I've read that selling my bone chips and picking up some banded armor might work, but even ignoring the logistics of getting to East Commonlands, (apparently a trading hub?) using all my money to just buy some gear doesn't seem like great fun, even though I'll do it if offered no other options. How are you supposed to gear yourself in this game‽

Ah well, this has turned out to be a huge rant, but I just wanted to go through my thought process. Any advice on how to gear up for a newbie paladin would be greatly appreciated, even if it's "go buy some armor." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your in Qeynos area your druid and maybe your pally with a partner should be able to handle the bandits in west karana - they drop sashes you can turn in at Q for bronze weapons some small amount of coin and good xp
Old 11-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Well the first step in changing your look is making some patchwork armor: http://wiki.project1999.com/Patchwork_Armor. Not sure what race you are, but you need ruined pelts. Wolfs for small, Cats for medium, and Bears for large patchwork armor. It is super simple to make.

Being from Qeynos area, you should be able to land a few items from Blackburrow in a group or a high level kills named and gives it to you:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Rusty_Spiked_Shoulderpads
http://wiki.project1999.com/Spiked_Collar
2 x http://wiki.project1999.com/Onyx_Earring

Save your high quality bear pelts if you are working on your tailoring. You can make hand made backpacks with them as your skill improves.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieGSB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I just discovered how lucrative those rabid wolves and bears can be. Think that's how I'm gonna fund my banded armor!
rabid animals now in west karana too.
Closed Thread