Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

that reminds this one time i was at a carnival and i shit my pants so i secretly disposed of them in a garbage bin. well the joke was on me as my license was in the pants and were returned to me the next day by a policeman.

LOL buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

first off, EQ is a game where you have to be "on" at all times, especially in a zone like seb, so it is real easy for someone to have a bad or off day, perhaps you or the tank or both of you were not having the best of days.

one thing I have learned in my many years of playing EQ is that tanks and the people who play them tend to have the biggest egos and biggest opinions in EQ and are real quick to point the finger at someone else when they mess up, I know this because I used to play a warrior for 7 or so years on live and was my guilds MT and tank team leader for several of those years and in that time almost all of the tanks had large egos and an opinion on everything ( and god knows they were always right ) my self included, it is real easy for a tank to say "well all I have to do is taunt and get hit how can I possible fuck it up? clearly it was the ench, cleric, ranger whoever fault"

I think it is just the nature of the class, always feeling like you are the center of attention and that the group revolves around you since you "keep everyone safe" so it tends to attract people with that sort of personality.

I guess in short what I am trying to say is dont let it get ya down too bad, this kind of shit happens in EQ and I am sure it will happen to both you and the tank again, the best advice maybe would be to recognize the situation before it goes so far next time and either restructure the group or just knuckle under and leave the group your self and go find exp elsewhere, because it sounds like once things started to go bad no one was having fun, and if your not having fun what is the point of playing a game?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first off, EQ is a game where you have to be "on" at all times, especially in a zone like seb, so it is real easy for someone to have a bad or off day, perhaps you or the tank or both of you were not having the best of days.

one thing I have learned in my many years of playing EQ is that tanks and the people who play them tend to have the biggest egos and biggest opinions in EQ and are real quick to point the finger at someone else when they mess up, I know this because I used to play a warrior for 7 or so years on live and was my guilds MT and tank team leader for several of those years and in that time almost all of the tanks had large egos and an opinion on everything ( and god knows they were always right ) my self included, it is real easy for a tank to say "well all I have to do is taunt and get hit how can I possible fuck it up? clearly it was the ench, cleric, ranger whoever fault"

I think it is just the nature of the class, always feeling like you are the center of attention and that the group revolves around you since you "keep everyone safe" so it tends to attract people with that sort of personality.

I guess in short what I am trying to say is dont let it get ya down too bad, this kind of shit happens in EQ and I am sure it will happen to both you and the tank again, the best advice maybe would be to recognize the situation before it goes so far next time and either restructure the group or just knuckle under and leave the group your self and go find exp elsewhere, because it sounds like once things started to go bad no one was having fun, and if your not having fun what is the point of playing a game?
the sock doesn't fill itself

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 05-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethstang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought id try my hand at drama, see where it goes.

So yesterday I was running the disco group in seb. great exp, great drops. BJ's for everyone.

Tank ends up having to leave (snoogan u rock my face). And is replaced with Holyspawn, an SK. Long story short, I had everyone getting their own replacements and suddenly I find myself in a group with five members from another guild (holyspawns).

before I know it, every disagreement we have turns into a me vs them. At one point, I wanted to start repping with ppl other than from their guild (and other than PPing rogues wtf)because this was a very uncomfy situation. I was told my request was denied, and if I kept it up I could find myself another place (so a coup from the group I had been chanting for for the past eight hours).

Everytime the tank died, a new finger was pointed, usually at me. suddenly everyones an enchanter and has advice. this was solely because I was the odd man out. This is my second time to 60 as a chanter, i had been chanting for the group all day, and the notion was quite ridiculous. I about lost it when the tank told me hed never heard of higher level mobs being harder to mez than lower mobs.

Finally the group broke apart once the SK refused to let me lull and died to a library pull (after a mage and i explained how the process of invising, targetting, and calming worked). The cleric from his guild then left while we were running back to reform after gating, and joined another group to take the camp. In her words "because we were wasting time just sitting in FV" (we were all running back). Very classy.

Anywho. The fault was mine. I shouldnt have let a guild take over my group. I assumed people were above such behavior.

My opinions stated here are my own and dont reflect upon my guild thanks. Ive met some really cool people from their guild, I just happened to meet all the turds yesterday.

seriously, fuck you guys for ruining my day yesterday.

i feel better now thanks for reading.

Lethok
Rant gets 0 points because you're a pussy and didn't mention the name of the guild.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Large Bat

Holyspawn is one of the worst tanks I have had the displeasure to play with. The last time I grouped with her, she stopped taunting the mobs she pulled because she was arguing loot rules. So I had to root mobs while they ran to beat on the cleric, so she could stand motionless and rant in group chat about how she wanted ffa loot since it was a pug group in KC. (Honestly, being that the group was made completely of classes that for the past 6 hours of camping there hadn't gotten a single need roll, I didn't see the point. cleric,2xnecro,mage,rogue-I know things do drop for some of em, but nothing imo worth an argument) So after we finish the mobs.. during which the cleric went unconscious at one time, she states 'Understood,' disbands and runs off to try and join another group.

Her guild is TMO, on a side note..
Old 05-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Aviak

Im also an Enchanter which has had the regretful
experience of grouping with Holyspawn. She
definitely will no longer be part of my eq experience.

Btw, i have played an Ench since May of 99. i think
i have a handle on the class and how it's supposed
to be played. She made me feel like a newbie, and
not justifiably.

She is the first TMO player I have come
to really not like.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Aviak

Holyspawn is the biggest cunt I've ever met on the server.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Kobold

If you don't like someone, just don't group with them. I would say I don't see the need to bash TMO for the actions of one player, but meh- it's R&F. Bring it on. I'm sure if I didn't have the luxury of rolling with a leet group wherever I go and had to pug it I'd be complaining about a lot more players here as well.

Solution: Only group with people you like that you feel are competent, it works for me- and I don't have to come here and write paragraphs long rants instead of just playing the damn game.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Large Bat

This is the rants and flaming section of a forum.. this is exactly what this is for, heh. Part of posting here is to vent/inform others of things they may want to be aware of in the future as they play the game. Also, no one in this thread has directly bashed TMO, someone simply asked which guild she belonged too. Too defensive of a post for nothing being said, imo, but after some other threads I've read about their guild, I can't say I surprised.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfbum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holyspawn is one of the worst tanks I have had the displeasure to play with. The last time I grouped with her, she stopped taunting the mobs she pulled because she was arguing loot rules. So I had to root mobs while they ran to beat on the cleric, so she could stand motionless and rant in group chat about how she wanted ffa loot since it was a pug group in KC. (Honestly, being that the group was made completely of classes that for the past 6 hours of camping there hadn't gotten a single need roll, I didn't see the point. cleric,2xnecro,mage,rogue-I know things do drop for some of em, but nothing imo worth an argument) So after we finish the mobs.. during which the cleric went unconscious at one time, she states 'Understood,' disbands and runs off to try and join another group.

Her guild is TMO, on a side note..
Also after Holyspawn joined that other group, 5 minutes later they were at ZL trying to buy rezzes. GG Holyspawn.
Closed Thread