Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Default EQ Nostalgia

https://youtu.be/x0WKWYqtFOI

Whenever you think of EQ, are there certain videos, screenshots, and memories that bring you back and make you feel nostalgic? For me, this is one of those videos by Guild Mirage. Music by Jimmy Eat World - Just Watch the Fireworks
Old 02-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

For me its Richie Truxillo songs. At least i think that is his name...

He does some great songs like
EQ Obsessed
Has Anyone Here Seen My Corpse?
If I Had a Billion Platinum
Revenge of the Beggars
and a few more good ones!

Always manages to give me the nostalgia feels when i throw on some of his songs.

https://youtu.be/OS_TWeaBQQw

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 02-07-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

i thought OP was going to link the proper best goodbye video. its this one. yanks my heart everytime

sayonarra norrath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXuvNCii0K0
Old 02-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Reminds me of my dead best friend.

sup
Old 02-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/x0WKWYqtFOI

Whenever you think of EQ, are there certain videos, screenshots, and memories that bring you back and make you feel nostalgic? For me, this is one of those videos by Guild Mirage. Music by Jimmy Eat World - Just Watch the Fireworks
Same here. Simply awesome.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:55 PM
Banned

I used to listen to Darude - Sandstorm on repeat as I ran through EC back in 99.

Yeah, it took me 20 minutes to download it from Napster.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

I think the biggest moment I had was when I first started here on P99 (only a year ago). The first day I logged on I created a wood elf druid (my first character back in the day) and gave him the same name I had back then (kaluppo).

I felt so nostalgic just doing that. Then I leveled to 4 killing everything in sight while staying close to the newbie lift. Then I begged a sow off someone and ran to the boat docks in BB. Another huge dose of nostalgia riding that boat to Freeport, LOL. Once in Freeport I made my way to the west gate and begged in ooc for a bind. Once I was bound I made my way to EC.

As soon as I saw the first auction it hit me again. Once I got to the EC tunnel and saw all the peeps in there buying and selling gear and buffs I was like:

"Oh yeah! I'm back baby!"

I can't describe how much nostalgia I felt that first night back. Now later on when I saw the sarnak fort in LoiO was abandoned (used to be a huge pickup group spot) I realized things were not going to be exactly the same as I remembered them. Same thing with DL outside of KC. I remember there was 2-3 hill groups, ruins 1, 2 & 3 groups, ect. Now it's just some soloers with maybe one north wall group.

But KC is exactly how I remembered it. Lots of groups and even more trains!

Love it!
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Last edited by kaluppo; 02-07-2019 at 07:53 PM..
Old 02-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the biggest moment I had was when I first started here on P99 (only a year ago). The first day I logged on I created a wood elf druid (my first character back in the day) and gave him the same name I had back then (kaluppo).

I felt so nostalgic just doing that. Then I leveled to 4 killing everything in sight while staying close to the newbie lift. Then I begged a sow off someone and ran to the boat docks in BB. Another huge dose of nostalgia riding that boat to Freeport, LOL. Once in Freeport I made my way to the west gate and begged in ooc for a bind. Once I was bound I made my way to EC.

As soon as I saw the first auction it hit me again. Once I got to the EC tunnel and saw all the peeps in there buying and selling gear and buffs I was like:

"Oh yeah! I'm back baby!"

I can't describe how much nostalgia I felt that first night back. Now later on when I saw the sarnak fort in LoiO was abandoned (used to be a huge pickup group spot) I realized things were not going to be exactly the same as I remembered them. Same thing with DL outside of KC. I remember there was 2-3 hill groups, ruins 1, 2 & 3 groups, ect. Now it's just some soloers with maybe one north wall group.

But KC is exactly how I remembered it. Lots of groups and even more trains!

Love it!
You've only been here a year and you've already got a lvl 60 and a 59? Impressed!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-07-2019, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've only been here a year and you've already got a lvl 60 and a 59? Impressed!
Thanks. There was 3 months in that year I didn't play at all so I got 60 and 59 in 9 months of active playing. But I play a LOT on weekends. I have been known to do 12 hour grinds on any given Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Last week Thursday I was barely 59 (not even a blue dot). I went to the hole and did a 3 hour grind Thursday night. Then Fri, Sat & Sun I did 12 hour grinds in KC groups. By Monday morning I was 60% into 59. If I do that again this weekend I should ding 60 by Monday or at least be really close to it.

Druid was just as fast. I owned the upper bear pits camp in Permafrost from 55-60. Took me like 2-3 weeks. I would kill 8-10 mobs on a mana bar. Man, I wish the cleric could solo like that. But he can only kill one KC mob on a mana bar so groups are definitely the route for Norez.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Last edited by kaluppo; 02-07-2019 at 08:32 PM..
Old 02-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Aviak

When I think of classic EQ I think of one video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_lYxTywr8

this wasnt my server and I dont know much about the guild.
Closed Thread