Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, thanks for the input guys. Looks like we have a pretty good handle on where the real issue is. Kanras and I are working on it now.
Really great news! Thank you and Kanras as well.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frootloop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are mob resists? Seemed high.
What level were the mobs? 30-31? (NK Guards on bridge to sk)
What level were you? 30
What spell did you cast? Dooming darkness for start ended up feigning 2x before landing the snare then proceeded to Vampiric Curse resist 3x got it off.

I've noticed the same thing with Paw Ent gnolls - they are DB having trouble with Dooming Darkness landing sometimes on them. I've failed twice in a row before, just doesn't seem normal. It's the same Vampiric Curse - "Uthgaard" did acknowledge this

"I missed vampiric curse with making the rest of the lifetaps only resist outside of the level limit, that one's an easy fix."

just putting it down again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the work.

Here a screenshot of what I typically run into this hasn't been uncommon

Guard Weslyn Dark Blue

31 necromancer

Dooming darkness x 4 resist

I would've cast fear more but was oom. I also understand you(Uthgaard) have an idea of what the underlying problem is, I'm just posting more info [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

It seemed a little better yesterday, but i leveled up, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm sure resisting much harder than i was the night before the patch.

I'm over being angry about it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i still love you guys, but if you dont fix it..i'm warning you..i'll make a warrior.. i swear i'll do it!

Asher
Old 03-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Kobold

Paid attention to lower level spells, root (lvl 4) seems to resist even more than bonds of force (29). I'm now lvl 42, still having big resist problems with bonds of force and circle of force and root on spectres in OOT.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

This is a unique issue: I was under the assumption that lifetap dots (Leach, Vamp Curse, etc) have the same resist rules as lifetaps - barring level restrictions, they are nonresistable. See Screenie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Kobold

the man knows, I'm sure it will be fix'd soon- nice ui tho.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I missed vampiric curse with making the rest of the lifetaps only resist outside of the level limit, that one's an easy fix.

Resist mods are all correct for the timeline. Since resists in general are too frequent, restoring these has brought some issues with the resist mechanics in general to the surface. Getting the system in line instead of treating the symptom with a workaround will have better results in the long run. On the plus side, mobs should also have a harder time hitting you with spells.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Large Rat

How are mob resists? Slightly over-resisting.
What level were the mobs? 35-37 Spectres in OoT, blue to yellow cons.
What level were you? 35-36
What spell did you cast? Drones of Doom would resist about 5-10% of the time. Prior to the patch I never had my swarm line resist on anything except red cons. Immolate roughly 35% resist rate, but it believe it was around 15-20% before the patch.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

OK, a bit more information. Right now there is an absolutely huge difference between an even con and dark blue for me. When I (37 enchanter now) try to mez a froglok ghoul wan knight, if its dark blue entrance will succeed >80% of the time. If its an even con, less than 30%. So that feels like a good place to look for things.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

How are mob resists? Too high, I had 13 resists in a row on a dark blue gorgon in fear, and 10 in a row resist on a dark blue amy knight. I just don't bother pulling out my charm now unless I want a good laugh.
What level were the mobs? I'm going to assume 46-49. I'm level 50, and the mobs were blue to me in plane of fear.
What level were you? I'm a 50 bard
What spell did you cast? Solon's Bewitching Bravura

If you want for shits and giggles, summon me to fear, or hate and we'll see how far I can go on a full bar of mana to charm some mobs! I bet we can get about 45ish charm resists in a row on mobs I used to charm no problem!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

Even though im not super high level, at level 14 i get same amount of resists to lvl 1 spell (flame lick) as to level 14 spell (stinging swarm)... so in my experience level spells dont make a difference.

Last edited by Chrushev; 03-18-2011 at 07:28 PM..
Closed Thread