Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Kobold

At least 5 resists in a row on white con mob with ensnare. No resists prior to patch.
Last edited by Hoggen; 03-18-2011 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: new info
Old 03-19-2011, 02:56 AM
Kobold

thank you uthgarrd, and god speed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Thanks for all you devs do. Realizing that you have a handle on the situation I'm merely adding to the wealth of knowledge:

19 Shaman leveling in South Karana.

Against a level 19 bull elephant, with Malise, I consistently got resisted on my roots (40% of the time), and if it did land, it held for only a few seconds. On the occasional mob I would get a much higher resist rate on both my roots and Affliction/Tainted Breath, even after Malise. Both Affliction and Tainted Breath are getting resisted more than they were before the patch, but not nearly as much as root. Spirit Strike seems to be getting resisted at a higher rate as well, but again not as much as root.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

new dragon roar makes old world dragons LOL. with MR over 150 i got feared by draco 5 times for the full duration where i would previously only get feared maybe once.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
new dragon roar makes old world dragons LOL. with MR over 150 i got feared by draco 5 times for the full duration where i would previously only get feared maybe once.
Getting feared only 1 out of 5 times by dragon roar seems way off with only 150 MR (150 MR is really not all that much, keep in mind). Maybe that's just me. Why do you assume this is unintended?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Aviak

Any update on the fix Uthgaard? Playing my druid solo is almost impossible =/. Hope things are going well!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting feared only 1 out of 5 times by dragon roar seems way off with only 150 MR (150 MR is really not all that much, keep in mind). Maybe that's just me. Why do you assume this is unintended?
i don't know my exact MR for the fight. 2nd attempt at draco i had 220ish MR with bard song and got feared 3 times still. I don't have data beyond anecdotal on how things were exactly in classic, but they are suddenly incredibly hard to resist where before you didn't need a bard + best in slot resist gear to have a shot at resisting.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Default resists

How are mob resists? Decent with some spells, high with others.
What level were the mobs? 25 (sisters in OOT)
What level were you? 25 Necro
What spell did you cast? Heart Flutter

Spell was resisting about 3-4 out of every 5 casts. Much to the point where using it seemed like a large waste of mana.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't know my exact MR for the fight. 2nd attempt at draco i had 220ish MR with bard song and got feared 3 times still. I don't have data beyond anecdotal on how things were exactly in classic, but they are suddenly incredibly hard to resist where before you didn't need a bard + best in slot resist gear to have a shot at resisting.
It seems to me like dragon roar was too trivial before. With both Bard songs, GRM (and maybe MR pots) with alright resist gear, naggy's dragon roar used to succeed maybe 10% of the time. Even with the best possible resists, I don't think a raid encounter should be landing spells so rarely. If the devs want to look into it I guess they can, but I see no reason why it should be changed unless there's pretty good evidence that high MR was that effective against dragons in classic.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Resists are erratic, cannot land root.

guard fredrick in North Karana, he's blue to me.

I am a 31 wizard

I'm casting Bonds of force (AE Snare lvl 29) and Inferno shock (also lvl 29) and Enstill (lvl 20)

Enstill almost never works, less than half the time.
Nuke usually works, but can get resisted thee or four times in a row.
AE Snare lands pretty well.
Real problem is the nuke being interrupted, it seems to happen about a third of the time i try to cast.
I have been chased out of the zone a number of times by this blue NPC because i cannot land root, even for a few seconds.
Closed Thread