Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Default Does anyone play live EQ?

I lost my original log ins from 99-2002ish but installed the free version of the current live and ran around a bit. Does anyone else play it anymore? It’s changed so much that it dosent even fee like EQ anymore. Seen mostly camped people all afk and the few people I did run across had the hired mercs with them. And I think I came across a vendor that had free starter armor? Wtf? Just doesn’t seem fun anymore.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

I played semi recently, last played during Broken Mirror. The only appeal left in the game is basically the boxing meta game. If you don't enjoy that then I would never recommend it. I tried the tlp servers but with the cash shop and the boxers I see no point to play them over P99.

If you are complaining about defiant armor then you probably just can't handle what the state of a 20 year old mmo should be.
Last edited by jolanar; 06-30-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I think I came across a vendor that had free starter armor? Wtf? Just doesn’t seem fun anymore.
If you're going to play on live, and you want anything even kind of resembling the EverQuest you remember, you pretty much have to play on a "progression server" like Agnar and Phinny.

They're still terribly far from classic (there's a reason P99 is so popular), because for instance even in the live version of the "pre-Kunark" era they still have completely wrong stuff like the alternate (and totally different) Freeport.

But at least they're kinda/sorta like the EQ you remember ... certainly more so than regular live servers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

I am currently playing Selo's with a static Group of Friends.
The Server seems kinda "dead" so far as PoK is full of afk People all day Long and there are Maybe 5-10 active Groups all over Norrath. Thus, playing there without static Group is kinda sad, because you will mostly get "afk" replies whenever u ask someone if they wanna Team up.

What makes it appealing for me: I stopped playing at OOW back in the days. Selo gets an Expansion per month, so I have a Chance to crawl through all the expansions quickly and get a glimpse of what I've been missing out on.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

I've tried getting back into it a few times but people are REALLY interaction adverse.

Chatting people up in idle zones, social guilds, XP high way groups, open raids... Nothing like that seems to exist anymore. Maybe it's just the servers I looked at.

I don't mind old content being irrelevant and being pipelined into the latest expansions. I do mind that nobody wants to play (or even talk).
Old 07-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't mind old content being irrelevant and being pipelined into the latest expansions. I do mind that nobody wants to play (or even talk).
Why would you do that when you have mercenaries? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:15 PM
Banned

I’m on Mangler and it’s a blast. People around here like to bash anything not p99. Anyone on p99 that has a forum persona that we all know is likely mentally ill. Mangler is a blast, great quality of life changes.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m on Mangler and it’s a blast. People around here like to bash anything not p99. Anyone on p99 that has a forum persona that we all know is likely mentally ill. Mangler is a blast, great quality of life changes.
I also enjoyed my time on the tlps but it has no longevity and zero value after it passes god/oow expansions (population will tank and/or daybreak releases another new server)

Agnarr was a ton of fun until the coinav and mangler launches which ended up making it so 100-200 ppl were on the server.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Banned

4 guilds are still raiding on Phinigel. Agnarr suffered from a locked content server. Coirnav sufferers because it’s a bad server rule set. Mangler is doing well because it’s a good balance. Now they could release another iteration of it but I don’t think they will.

Eat something healthy Wonkie. Peace and love
Closed Thread