Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Default lets show some class please

I thought id try my hand at drama, see where it goes.

So yesterday I was running the disco group in seb. great exp, great drops. BJ's for everyone.

Tank ends up having to leave (snoogan u rock my face). And is replaced with Holyspawn, an SK. Long story short, I had everyone getting their own replacements and suddenly I find myself in a group with five members from another guild (holyspawns).

before I know it, every disagreement we have turns into a me vs them. At one point, I wanted to start repping with ppl other than from their guild (and other than PPing rogues wtf)because this was a very uncomfy situation. I was told my request was denied, and if I kept it up I could find myself another place (so a coup from the group I had been chanting for for the past eight hours).

Everytime the tank died, a new finger was pointed, usually at me. suddenly everyones an enchanter and has advice. this was solely because I was the odd man out. This is my second time to 60 as a chanter, i had been chanting for the group all day, and the notion was quite ridiculous. I about lost it when the tank told me hed never heard of higher level mobs being harder to mez than lower mobs.

Finally the group broke apart once the SK refused to let me lull and died to a library pull (after a mage and i explained how the process of invising, targetting, and calming worked). The cleric from his guild then left while we were running back to reform after gating, and joined another group to take the camp. In her words "because we were wasting time just sitting in FV" (we were all running back). Very classy.

Anywho. The fault was mine. I shouldnt have let a guild take over my group. I assumed people were above such behavior.

My opinions stated here are my own and dont reflect upon my guild thanks. Ive met some really cool people from their guild, I just happened to meet all the turds yesterday.

seriously, fuck you guys for ruining my day yesterday.

i feel better now thanks for reading.

Lethok
Old 05-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

How dare you rant in such a civilized manner!

Seriously though, sounds like a bummer. I can see it happening for sure.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Kobold

LOL And now a view from the other side of the fence.

Looking for a group in Seb, I received a tell from a cleric asking if I wanted to replace him in D1. I said sure....

So without even bringing up what the group thought or said to me about the enchanter. I will just tell you what the cleric I was replacing said:

"the enchanter isn't very good. Takes him forever to lock down mobs, he goes afk often without letting the group know, he doesn't seem to know how to stun. Start your heals early" The cleric then apologized numerous times for the enchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I thought to myself, surely he can't be that bad! I'll give him a chance....

The cleric I replaced was dead on. Enough said [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now on to me leaving the group incident [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Holyspawn had to leave. Fine, no biggee I think to myself, Lethok has a replacement coming. So we wait for Lethok and this new tank replacement at the Seb zone in. At this point there are 50+ people in Seb. People are doing CC's, D1 nor D2 are occupied. One group is now on the way to D1.

Still waiting.....at this point it's been at least 15 min and no sign of the enchanter or tank.

I do a "who all "name of tank Lethok said he got" and Ohhh look at that, he is still in FV.

I send a tell to Lethok "You guys are still in FV?" and he replies with yes, they are. I inform him that we've lost the camp and that I was going to disband. If they were in no hurry to get back so we could continue on, I am under no obligation to continue to wait for them.

I the proceeded to get another group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unfortunately, the story isn't all that drama worthy
Old 05-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Way to ruin a lot of boners India.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh, you said class...

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Aviak

the other cleric didnt like me either. when your guildies were hating on me he just jumped on the bandwagon. he did so because everytime the tank died, the tank would blame me. how was the cleric supposed to know the difference?

Notice how i never blamed the tank for dying, and just continued to keep the peace and say he was doing a good job and not to worry about it. THATS CLASS. Of course the cleric, seeing that back and forth, is going to assume im being nice out of guilt, and not just trying to keep the peace.

it doesnt hurt my feelings you say im bad. years of experience and praise say otherwise.

and for arguments sake, even if i were the worst in the world, its not an excuse for yoos guys's actions.

and to call you out, i seriously doubt the cleric said even half of that. his name was kline if he would like to chime in.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Aviak

and honestly ive noticed throughout the years, when someone thinks im bad, its because theyre the bad player and an eqknowitall. not saying you are. but your judgment was colored by the already negative impression you had when you joined. everytime we had someone join yday who wasnt guilded with you thought i was gods gift to chanting. I made four friends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethstang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I about lost it when the tank told me hed never heard of higher level mobs being harder to mez than lower mobs.
Lol, idk who to believe. If the tank really did say anything even resembling the above, I'd say the tank was a moron at that level. Nothing personal, but if someone didn't know that . . .come on, you've got to be a moron. Which leads me to believe the Ench was decent or better, and that at least the replacement tank was a bit dumb. The rest of the group probably felt obligated to side with their guildies, which can be a tough spot.

But then again, you're both probably leaving out gobs of the story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethstang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and honestly ive noticed throughout the years, when someone thinks im bad, its because theyre the bad player and an eqknowitall.)
You can be a bad player and an eq knowitall?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Aviak

god my rants suck, i just cant bring myself to go off to hard. I will work on my next one.
Closed Thread