Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default You know, ive always wanted a Dark Elf SK since I was little.. and never did it

When I was little I had a DE Necro, and he was a great character to me. I always, always said if I ever did it over, I would have made a DE SK instead, because I loved the DE, I just wanted to be a coolguy tank after getting high level. Back then (on Rallos Zek) I never thought about how OP Regen was in velious era, but now, knowing what I know, wanting to make an SK real bad.. but now I know that DE SK is technically one of the worst.. if its absolutely miserable to not have bash or regen or immunity, and just make that inkie knight ive always wanted, or is it likely ill be upset forever at the imbalance of not going ogre/troll/ik
Old 09-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

play what you want, you arnt gonna me MTing aynthing in a raid as a SK anyway. de is just fine.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Kobold

Same situation here. I made my DE SK here on p99 and it was a challenge starting out from scratch. I think learning to play an sk like this has made me consider my skills and tactics much more. I had a lot of comments starting out but now, most of my groups come by /tell from people I've grouped with before.
Play what makes you happy.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Velious is out now, we are in the last era of the server.

Current itemisation makes group content fairly trivial regardless of race.

Now is the time for vanity projects!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to min/max you should start by choosing another class.

If you don't want to min/max, then go get that baller ass DE SK you always wanted and look like a boss!
Old 09-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to NecroP99 Send a message via Yahoo to NecroP99

I twinked out a DE SK and I have 0 regrets on race choice. I think she is level 45 now
Last edited by NecroP99; 09-27-2017 at 11:31 AM..
Old 09-27-2017, 05:22 PM
Banned

dark elf sks are cool
Old 09-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or is it likely ill be upset forever at the imbalance of not going ogre/troll/ik
We can't tell you this, only you can answer that. Any race of Shadow Knight can perform all jobs the class can be reasonably expected to do. Some like Ogre have a modest advantage. Some folks get annoyed at not mix/maxing, others can live with it. Which sort are you?

Danth
Old 09-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Dark elf sk's are friggen hawt!
Old 09-29-2017, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can't tell you this, only you can answer that. Any race of Shadow Knight can perform all jobs the class can be reasonably expected to do. Some like Ogre have a modest advantage. Some folks get annoyed at not mix/maxing, others can live with it. Which sort are you?

Danth
Agree.

Even for race/classes like necro/iksar where the benefits are astronomical, that benefit is not so overwhelming where non-iksars can't function. No other race/class combo is so blatantly the *right* choice on paper.

There are times I look at my human monk and wish I had that regen and AC.
There are times I look at my dwarf warrior and consider how it might be nice to slam, have more stamina, have troll regen, or have ogre stun immunity.

But I made those choices for a reason, and don't regret it. I like my non-retarded monk fight animations. I like being runty, stout, and doing barrel rolls.

Play what you like the look of and you'll be happy unless you care more about pen/paper/min/max above all else.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread