Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group vs Group pvp long ago on my red ranger fighting for control of Unrest/Dagnor's.

LAN parties with my friends.

Omni open Vox raid.

Having good times with the people I meet in the game!
Praise it. The first few weeks on Red server debut was glorious. My favorite memory P99 memory has got to be 5v5'ing another group on my dwarven cleric at Unrest entrance. I even FRAPS'd it and made a video, got that somewhere.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

I will take a moment to tell one of my fondest memories.

The Toon: Mellisandre Redwitch Low 20's Enchanter
The Place: HHK Goblins With Osargen Charmed

The story: So I was on my Enchanter equipped with a set of Thurg clickie armor. I wanted to go have some fun in HHK so I stopped by the bank and Grabbed a full set of Bronze armor, ran into the jail and Charmed Osargen. Hooked him up with a full visible set and some weapons, then proceeded to head down to goblins and start clicking Clarity on everyone while I waited for an invite. I quickly got an invite and everyone started commenting on how OP/cool Osargen was. I had to take my first Bio and asked the group to kill him so i could look my equipment. Upon looting all the bronze armor people in the group start commenting about how crazy it was that Osargen had so much loot. With a grin and chuckle, I re charmed Osargen and loaded him up with about 10 Left Goblin Ears. I patiently passed some time while calmly talking up Osargen and his epic Rog back stab damage in group. I prepared for my next "AFK" and told the group to kill him. Upon killing him and looting the 10 goblin ears, everyone in the group freaked out! 'OMG THAT'S WHY WE HAVENT BEEN GETTING ANY EARS" Continued for several hours convincing people Osargen could pick pocket. Much to the panic and dismay of my PuG. Gave me many laughs and funny moment while i got to 30 !
[57 Ranger] Breeann (Wood-Elf) <The Second Sons>
[40 Enchanter] Mellisandra (Human) <The Second Sons>
Old 10-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Getting the CT SK epic piece.

Was in BDA, IB and VD had left the server so BDA was the only contending raid guild to TMO's half a year free farming era. Staff had made new rules at the time that you couldn't kite the zone around anymore and had to just take the adds that came as you engaged CT, which forced both raids to clear much of the zone before engaging (TMO cried to have this rule taken away after losing one CT lol). TMO was zerging it up to 11 with their feeder guild Enraptured, pulling like 120 players total. 32k hp mob, they each needed to do like 300-400 damage. But their own zerg size bit them in the ass and they desynced their entire raid due to too many bodies, wiping to CT and some dozens of adds. BDA picked up the pieces, killed CT, double soul leech, good times happy days. Think an erudite SK got the other one, hurl.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise it. The first few weeks on Red server debut was glorious.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

remember that one time when guilds got a long and weren't constantly trying to train/leapfrog/steal kills from each other?

yeah me neither

make eq great
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Praise it. The first few weeks on Red server debut was glorious. My favorite memory P99 memory has got to be 5v5'ing another group on my dwarven cleric at Unrest entrance. I even FRAPS'd it and made a video, got that somewhere.
It was prty awesome, wish red was rebooted. Classic is where it's at.
Recall good times where our Oasis grp started talking how a guy in orc group looted everything earlier that day then took off with the money without splitting, so we just dropped the gator farming and ran there to kill the orc group.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

waking the sleeper on red99 and hearing the butthurt people in voice chat start to freak out when they realized that we were being serious about pulling the 4th warder
Old 10-22-2017, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Kiting an ice burrower around for the last 30% of an ayilish kill, tossing out run-by torpors to my monk buddy so he could finally get a +6 neck. It all ended with him looting/flopping, and me agroing sontalek as I ran down the canyon to leash the burrower. Ditched that plan and hauled ass to DN, was one helluva train by the time I got there, but I lived and my buddy got his loot so I was happy.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaall Drogo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The story: So I was on my Enchanter equipped with a set of Thurg clickie armor. I wanted to go have some fun in HHK so I stopped by the bank and Grabbed a full set of Bronze armor, ran into the jail and Charmed Osargen. Hooked him up with a full visible set and some weapons, then proceeded to head down to goblins and start clicking Clarity on everyone while I waited for an invite. I quickly got an invite and everyone started commenting on how OP/cool Osargen was. I had to take my first Bio and asked the group to kill him so i could look my equipment. Upon looting all the bronze armor people in the group start commenting about how crazy it was that Osargen had so much loot. With a grin and chuckle, I re charmed Osargen and loaded him up with about 10 Left Goblin Ears. I patiently passed some time while calmly talking up Osargen and his epic Rog back stab damage in group. I prepared for my next "AFK" and told the group to kill him. Upon killing him and looting the 10 goblin ears, everyone in the group freaked out! 'OMG THAT'S WHY WE HAVENT BEEN GETTING ANY EARS" Continued for several hours convincing people Osargen could pick pocket. Much to the panic and dismay of my PuG. Gave me many laughs and funny moment while i got to 30 !
that makes me wonder, what's the best way to gain faction on a character too low level to actually do the normal hunting and killing grind? so that you can just buy an MQ? thurg armor isn't that expensive to MQ usually is it? I wonder why I never thought of this before.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaall Drogo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best post yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread