Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

I would like some clarification on what the GMs consider stalling and poopsocking. Those haven't been fully explained to me yet.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

I would approve of this simply because then you can see all the shit GMs have to deal with. Do you think TMO / IB / BDA / GuildX is scum? Well you can see the petition section and decide for yourself on how the situation was handled by the guild representatives.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what if the raid petitions were kept private until they were resolved?

or

what if there was a date, raid petitions will be made public X days after resolution

and @Daldaan, i wish i did get paid to stream, it would give you something else to QQ about
I think that either option makes sense, because I can see the concern that public opinion would undermine fair results. Let's be honest, as simple as our game mechanics are, not everyone on these boards has a clue of what happens and why. (It amazes me how many people don't understand FD, sneak, and mob aggro mechanics).

Would it just be resolved petitions that are posted?
I personally would like to see a list of total petitions by guild--the ones that end up in purgatory.
Perhaps Rogean should budget for an official clerk?

Dolic
Old 12-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Remove respawns.

Full Repops only. People will spread out and less petitions over all since people aren't herpderping all over each other to get the one dragon that spawned early in his 16-hour non-classic window.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that either option makes sense, because I can see the concern that public opinion would undermine fair results. Let's be honest, as simple as our game mechanics are, not everyone on these boards has a clue of what happens and why. (It amazes me how many people don't understand FD, sneak, and mob aggro mechanics).

Would it just be resolved petitions that are posted?
I personally would like to see a list of total petitions by guild--the ones that end up in purgatory.
Perhaps Rogean should budget for an official clerk?

Dolic
Whatever is done, it should have simple and established procedures to be followed. Hours of ex parte communication and back door deals does no one any favors.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove respawns.

Full Repops only. People will spread out and less petitions over all since people aren't herpderping all over each other to get the one dragon that spawned early in his 16-hour non-classic window.
Nah.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Kobold

Default Interesting Idea

I'm not involved in raiding at this point, and its unlikely I will be any time in the near future. However, some things I would point out on this proposal, which I think is interesting and has some merit.

1) Yes, there will be some rules lawyering. There is already rules lawyering going on, and I don't think this will affect it one way or another. It might mean that the public petitions will have to be more "professionally prepared", if they are going to meet some sort of standard for being succinct and relatively brief.
2) There can be some "rules of conduct" established, that everyone who practices before the GMs are obligated to follow. That could include rules of procedure that include a requirement that an argument not raised in the initial petition is deemed to be abandoned. (Its a rule of law in real life courts that with rare exceptions. and argument raised the first time on appeal is generally not permitted).
3) The GM staff, it it turns out that guild officers are abusing the public process, could add a new forum for these special petitions, and could make them read only for most, and only allow certain people who have demonstrated that they will follow the posting rules, (i.e. not post frivolous petitions, have consistent and well prepared arguments, etc), to post on behalf of a guild. I know this sounds like lawyering again, but, there are reasons that all states require lawyers to be licensed.
4) I like the idea that the initial petition would need to have all the evidence attached, and once that has been received, the responding guild / individual would have a certain time to respond, and then the case would be considered to be submitted. The GM who is adjudicating the matter would then need to issue a ruling, hopefully within a certain time period, and yes, that ruling could be used as a precedent. However, just as in our current real life legal system, a precedent is not always binding. Often, an appellate court will note a similar case, and then come to a different conclusion. I see no reason why that couldn't happen here.

As I noted above, I'm not involved in the raiding system, but it seems to me as an outsider, that a public and transparent system makes a great deal of sense, as long as there is an established policy and well enforced rules of practice before the GM's.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Removing MQ solves the major of those problems listed without lawyer questing buzzwords
Old 12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, to your point #1. The idea is that all claims must be included in the initial pleading. A little FRCP never hurt anyone.

also, abuse of process can easily be dealt with. Fines, raid suspensions, or forfeiture of a claim all would work.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove respawns.

Yes. Lets work on making the raid scene FUN.
Closed Thread