Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-05-2023, 02:20 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default can we make jboots not MQable

I think we all would be better off if the jboots quest was changed so it only required the ring from the ancient cyclops and thus could not be multiquested. This ring is now exclusively farmed by people who just want to sell the MQ and nobody who is actually trying to do the quest can anymore.
Old 10-05-2023, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

and then people will camp it and that person will have a ring loot rights list and then you will ask to not do that then someone else will loophole and before you know it everyone gets free jboots on login and then you will complain about that and boom runspeed 3 or 5 for everyone as an aa then you will complain there is no reason to camp the ac and then you will make your own everquest server with "project" in the name and get bored after a few months as you ban everyone who looks at you wrong and you are as empty as a reddit server then you will complain that we are nothing but sheep who play here and your place is better and then you will begrungeningly come back here

so lets just skip a few steps
Old 10-05-2023, 08:25 AM
Banned

Play a druid
Old 10-05-2023, 09:34 AM
Kobold

The perma farmers have optimized it to a science, tanking the price down. Their effort is your gain. Make a new char, spend only 5k plat to get jboots on a level 1 character in less than 15 minutes. You randomly scrounged up 5k plat over the course of your adventures as a side effect of playing the game, so zero effort, you spent 15 minutes buying it on a level 1 so 0.1% effort. They farm it every hour of every day. For you. And you aren't even grateful.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we all would be better off if the jboots quest was changed so it only required the ring from the ancient cyclops and thus could not be multiquested. This ring is now exclusively farmed by people who just want to sell the MQ and nobody who is actually trying to do the quest can anymore.
I pretty regularly am able to find the OOT AC camp open. Sure sometimes it's taken by MQ farmers, but not always.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Banned

That this is still a major problem on either blue or green p99 is a major sign of the times too lawl
Old 10-05-2023, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That this is still a major problem on either blue or green p99 is a major sign of the times too lawl
(for some people, it's not my problem because i don't play here on p99 anymore)
Old 10-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Banned

Lol wtf is this logic? Would you prefer if it were instead camped 24\7 by people doing the quest? I think you're just mad you have to compete\wait for the camp like everyone else.

File under "the game is broken cause I didn't get a thing"
Old 10-05-2023, 11:01 AM
Banned

I honestly can't be bothered to personally camp jboots anymore so...
Old 10-05-2023, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

theres always sow pots