Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Aviak

Default Newbie quests

I always spend levels 5-15 in Qeynos because of the gnoll fangs and rabid pelts. The pelts are especially nice because they give a decent amount of plat for a fresh character. Are there similar quests in other starting areas?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Kobold

No. Qeynos is king of the super high xp, high gold newbie quest experience. Not even close. Crushbone orc quests are a distant second. Kaladim (bone chips, card quest) maybe third?
Old 08-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

qhills was like the proof of concept for the team, it was like "this is what the game will be like" then they all went out to their individual tasks and proceeded to write terrible quests lol god bless them all though, every one.

also afaik scruffy was the first named NPC?

But that said, there are smaller versions in kind of each starting area that kinda can give you a boost. Most starting towns have at least 2 or 3 quests that while you level can give you a nice bonus if you do them. Scarab quests in the dwarf town, and blood forge armor are pretty cool, but the exp rewards are not as flowing as Qhills for sure.

Wait now im drawing a blank at any others..
Old 08-11-2020, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Thanks. I figured as much. I forgot about the putrid bone quest, too. Damn, Qeynos is the Cadillac of newbie zones.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
qhills was like the proof of concept for the team, it was like "this is what the game will be like" then they all went out to their individual tasks and proceeded to write terrible quests lol god bless them all though, every one.

also afaik scruffy was the first named NPC?

But that said, there are smaller versions in kind of each starting area that kinda can give you a boost. Most starting towns have at least 2 or 3 quests that while you level can give you a nice bonus if you do them. Scarab quests in the dwarf town, and blood forge armor are pretty cool, but the exp rewards are not as flowing as Qhills for sure.

Wait now im drawing a blank at any others..
neriak has this quest: https://wiki.project1999.com/Moss_Snakes

kinda like what you said, tho, from an xp perspective it's like something fell apart after qeynos
Old 08-11-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

lmao god damn a 3 ac buckler, while qeynos citizens get +1 mr and wis magical shields with cool names lmao

Dark elves feeding on moss snakes like little disgusting Nosferatus. lol

Rivervale has a nice setup for druid to get a pretty good full inventory by level 5 if you do leather work and try to kill nillipus but no where near the magical items qeynos offers.

Magical bracers, magical rings, magical earrings, magical everything out there for a level 8 lol I guess qeynos is just the best place to live in norrath which is why I always start there. It's like the like, cleanest, least crowded, closet to euridin, skiing, agriculture.

It's just the best damn place to live in norrath.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

^ I don't think "least crowded" applies, for 1999, heh. There were a ton of people in that area and there's really not much to hunt in Qeynos Hills. Blackburrow doesn't have that many mobs for the level 5-8 crowd either (more people knowing about Qeynos Sewers would have helped, but it was either unknown or too confusing for almost everyone). I'd actually say it was the 2nd most crowded in comparison to content available, after GFay. Freeport area had somewhat more people than Qeynos, but multiple directions to spread out - into the Commons or into Ro.

Misty Thicket was probably the best newbie area for content-to-player ratio and overall difficulty. I imagine the Ogre and Troll starting areas had plenty of content for the players there, but were also more confusing and dangerous to navigate. Everfrost will always by my personal #1 pick of course, it had many players but also lots of content, and super immersive.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ I don't think "least crowded" applies, for 1999, heh. There were a ton of people in that area and there's really not much to hunt in Qeynos Hills. Blackburrow doesn't have that many mobs for the level 5-8 crowd either (more people knowing about Qeynos Sewers would have helped, but it was either unknown or too confusing for almost everyone). I'd actually say it was the 2nd most crowded in comparison to content available, after GFay. Freeport area had somewhat more people than Qeynos, but multiple directions to spread out - into the Commons or into Ro.

Misty Thicket was probably the best newbie area for content-to-player ratio and overall difficulty. I imagine the Ogre and Troll starting areas had plenty of content for the players there, but were also more confusing and dangerous to navigate. Everfrost will always by my personal #1 pick of course, it had many players but also lots of content, and super immersive.
There’s barely ever anyone in Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, or BB
Old 08-12-2020, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s barely ever anyone in Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, or BB
I spent 3 weeks on and off in QHills recently checking a quest off my list. There's people. Beside the earring and the globe campers, The Millers and the Undead ruins are always camped. BB entrance people camping gnolls, inside not full but enough for the regular trains pulling in like always. Then there's around half dozen newbs in the Q/QH zoneline area getting their decayed skeleten on and one or two people looking for pelts.

It's not full full but it's pretty active.

Lots and lots of through traffic too - so lv50 buffs avail pretty much on request.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent 3 weeks on and off in QHills recently checking a quest off my list. There's people. Beside the earring and the globe campers, The Millers and the Undead ruins are always camped. BB entrance people camping gnolls, inside not full but enough for the regular trains pulling in like always. Then there's around half dozen newbs in the Q/QH zoneline area getting their decayed skeleten on and one or two people looking for pelts.

It's not full full but it's pretty active.

Lots and lots of through traffic too - so lv50 buffs avail pretty much on request.
Sure there’s people here and there. But it’s certainly not one of the most crowded areas of the world
Closed Thread