Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

Weight reduction bags pay for themselves. Cannot stress that enough. Take the time to invest in some shralok packs.. go get rotting bags from LGuk if you can get invis/ivu (if you start with good live frog faction, save it!)
Old 05-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Dwarf Rogue
1-5 Leveled up outside Kaladim, killed only the insane amounts of decaying skeletons and goblins. Sold the bone chips and the misc weaps from the goblins. Left with about 10p

5-13 Straight to crushbone, where a 38 ranger killed Dvinn for me and gave me the dagger off him. Helped a ton. I have acquired the bracers of battle and dwarven tunic from there, along with the dwarven axe for duel wield. I ended up buying +2str rings and +2 sta earrings for 2p each from someone who was selling jewelry in auction. I currently am lvl 13 with 120p. I stopped turning in belts/pads at 13 and I will start to sell them until I leave the zone around 15. So hopefully I'll have 200p by the time unrest starts!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Large Bat

Myself and a mate decided to relive EQ launch Shm/Sk duo

1-7 = Inno swamp/ferrott
7-9 = Netulos forest (Pentacle gave me some jewelry and 50pp) found a corpse for a higher level who gave me 100pp and some low level items as a reward for saving him time locating it. Used funds to by Sk and self decent weapons from EC.
9-15 = Travelled to Kunark and FoB/Kurn Tower and currently still in Kurns Duoing and filling out to full group when others LFG.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

nybright sisters
DOOOO EEET
Old 05-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Large Bat

Just created a character Friday I believe. Me and another are EQ vets. We both were in beta then met each other in game several years later. We both took extended breaks because we missed what we found in the "old days" of EQ Classic.

So far, this has been a lot like the EQ we knew. Everyone we've met has been nice and helpful. The first night we played we started a wiz and druid and played in GFay and a druid (his name escapes me) was there camping for his epic piece and kept buffing us unasked all evening. It was great. We were totally stoked to be reliving what we had missed in this game.

So far

Level 6 mage
Level 5 druid

And I'm sure many more alts to come as I like being able to switch sometimes depending on if I'm paired, LFG or soloing.

I'm glad we came to P1999. It's been so awesome reliving moments and started from scratch. Sometimes to appreciate what you have, you have to go back to where you began. Even if you began with nothing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Aviak

Level 1-5 = Random Newbie Mobs
Level 5-12 = Questing (maybe 200p or so)
Level 12-18 = Sisters (maybe 1.3k or so)
level 18-26 = Paineel guards (at least 2k)
level 26-29 = Sisters (stopped counting)
Level 29 quit, gave all my gear and pp away.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Orc

I've started a couple characters, been enjoying myself for the most part (people have mostly been very nice). The starting newbie area inside Paineel is pretty good as long as there's only a couple people there. After you leave there well... I was happy to get off to Freeport! Even having to sneak around the sewers. Barbarian shaman probably hardest I've had, the starting zone is not great. Con ALL skeletons, cuz those vengeful musician skells will kill-ya-dead, and they wander right through the newb area!Lack of decent armor makes it difficult. Ended up doing what I've done with a couple characters and make the lowest level crappy armors myself (which hasn't been too bad, and has been a bit of a quest all by itself). I do miss the newb armor quests that EverQuest put in after so many years, enjoyed them. Kinda wish they put them in P1999 (or some variation). Don't think I have any particular advice except as a barb Shaman -DON'T- hand in any polar bear skin you're lucky enough to get to drop to Cindl, what she gives is crap and you're better off selling the skin to a player I've heard they go for 20-30 plat for 1. I understand there is a rogue armor quest, may be worth doing. I haven't done those yet. Do get the Initiate symbol it's a quick pretty easy quest, it's summon weapon is a good starter weapon, don't worry at all about the caster bead quest, they are crazy rare drops and the weapon is only good to put in other slot for the +5 mana.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm a returning player, I last played when the game went live until Lost Dungeons of Norrath was released. I had forgotten how it is to start from scratch and I have to say I'm enjoying it. Every time I tried to make an alt back on my old account I would get the toon set up, have fun for a few levels and then get bored. I need to build something from nothing, it's a personal accomplishment thing.

I'm also forcing myself this time around to play in starting zones/areas that I never experienced the first time around. It truly does feel like a new game again! I'm glad to be here! I haven't settled on a main yet, so I'm currently poking around Misty Thicket and Steamfont Mountains. So glad I found this server!!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I got the nostalgia bug when I read about ragefire being released, I tried it out and it just isn't Everquest to me anymore.

I rolled a half elf rogue and started him in gfay.

Level 1: turned in newbie letter and set out killing

Level 4: can't really kill cents on Orc hill, went to gfay zone line in BB - got wrecked by a red skeleton (need to con more)

Once I get time to go back and get my corpse, I'm gonna spend some plat on a sewing kit and make myself some armor, try to get a partner for Orc hill.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Of course you can start from scratch. It's probably the best time to do so! I started in Oct 2009 when P1999 opened. No twinks then, and nobody to hand down nice but unwanted Kunark weapons, either.

Level 1: attack decaying skeletons for cloth armor and the occasional cracked staff.
Level 6: had 5 or 6PP, bought a "broadsword" from a vendor. 6/32 much nicer than 4/29 newbie sword.
Level 10: managed to save up enough for a set of banded from a guy training his smithing.
Level 14: bought a combine long sword, can finally hit wisps.
Level 18ish: bought set of bronze armor off some higher-level Mages soloing Sol-B.
Level 24: still using combine long sword. Melee life was rough!
Level 27 grouped Shin Lord, obtained Ghoulbane. Used it as primary weapon all the way to 50.
Level 50: Reached 50 before Sol Ro quests were added. Was guildless but remember guilds at the time attacking Nagafen with their melees still wearing bronze.

-------> a couple years later:

I decide to retire the Paladin in favor of leveling my Shadow Knight (R.L. priorities changed) and buy the SK a Noctivagant Blade right from the start: Don't much feel like using vendor weapons into the 20's again. Once was enough!

One difference between then and now, I think, is that with only classic and most folks not at the level cap there were groups in nearly all the main dungeons throughout the day. I figure the better gear out there now compensates for higher difficulty in finding groups, especially in the middle levels.

Danth
Closed Thread