Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Just plow through it to the original poster. It's not worth reading into people's motivation or trying to get them to bend to your will. Just stick with it and you'll be up there in no time. Most important part is that you don't adopt their attitude and you stick to your guns and promote that when you have the opportunity to.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, I had a bit of a meltdown today because I keep running into this kind of BS. I'm not twinked, I can't sit at a camp alone and kill mobs over and over. I have to kill a mob, sit down, rest for a few minutes, go kill another mob, etc. So people who tell me to solo probably have advanced in the game well enough that they forget what it was like when they didn't have level 50 gear on their alts. I also understand that complaining about what's considered a social norm really isn't going to change anything. Until people see that this is wrong and selfish, then nothing I say will change anything. With that said, I'm taking a break for awhile.
Gotta tell you... if you think you need gear to play a mage, and you have to rest a few minutes after every kill, you're just not playing the class to its potential. You might not know how, or think you're not good enough to do it, but the end result is that you're kind of a bad mage if this is how you're playing. You literally need 1 item until level 54... Torch of Alna.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say no, that's really fucking weird.
You would never cut it living in Asia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

The AFK grind in this game is very real though so you should embrace it. Before I got a luminescent staff I was doing a quad kite and then meditating until full mana, which sure took a while. Once I returned it took a while to round up some mobs and rinse and repeat. It gave me a lot of down time to read, pay bills and take care of menial stuff we all have to do. It can be frustrating when you are level X and you need the mobs at a certain spot. I felt that way with spirocs periodically, but you can always find something else to do or work on if someone is hogging them. This game isn't for the weak of heart though, so just stick to it!

P.S. I made it to 49 with patchwork leather armor I bought off a vendor for a few pp. Twinking a caster with +INT items gives you more mana but more downtime. It doesn't do much to help you kill mobs faster or more efficiently.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:08 AM
Aviak

Kind of skimming over the thread. Basically you need a good guild. The process is this, Log on, then say:

"/guild Anyone use a level X mage in their group, or want to start one somewhere?"

Most guilds will also have member forums where you can post and setup a timeframe for you to group with members.

This will save you tons of time, build relationships, and guilds will typically help their own. I've already given out quite a few quality items to guildies I've grouped with the past few days. The guild is full of very nice solid members in my alts (now my main) level range.

Anyway, best of luck.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

With the initial post, I agree. Shit, is stupid. I feel that there are probably some more out of the way zones to go PL your guildmates where you won't bother people. Dalnir, Nurga, Kaesora, Droga, all kunark dungeons which are basically empty. Shit, kedge keep (throw on a fishbone earring). Instead, people do it in the popular xp places. What are we gonna do?

Honestly, if people don't have the decency to respect the needs of players that aren't already established on this server to the point where they have friends that PL them or are geared to shit...

Free servers tend to attract a lot of shit (as in people) when at the same time, a paid server probably wouldn't happen, and if it did, they would be maximizing profits with pay to win shit. Either way, shit is going to be retarded.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Life isn't fair. You'd do it too if you could. Can't find a group? Level up an alt.
Closed Thread