Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro is the GOD of soloing. Plain and simple.
Pretty much any high-level enchanter or shaman would beg to disagree with you.

But then, the truth is that since the solo artist challenge started there have been a LOT of changes that make soloing much harder. Mobs DA/DW more, attack faster, hit for max damage more vs robes, interrupt on every bash, bash 3/4 instead of kick 3/4, social even when their friends are invis, and break root early half the time. Personally I like it; my favorite groups are 2-4 man. Soloing is a fun challenge, but in the end its a multiplayer game.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much any high-level enchanter or shaman would beg to disagree with you.

But then, the truth is that since the solo artist challenge started there have been a LOT of changes that make soloing much harder. Mobs DA/DW more, attack faster, hit for max damage more vs robes, interrupt on every bash, bash 3/4 instead of kick 3/4, social even when their friends are invis, and break root early half the time. Personally I like it; my favorite groups are 2-4 man. Soloing is a fun challenge, but in the end its a multiplayer game.
I am NOT trying to bash chanters or shammys. Just saying...they do not have FD.

Again, Necros are the GODs of soloing.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Bard 18+ swarm kiting for the dings.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Well, life used to be awesome as a Druid... But, as of the late murky waters of Kunark get more un-clear.... things get worse until velious release.

1) Druid make great money porting: Unless you are in Dial a Port (which is basically PoK books for porters not in that guild) you will have career porters from that guild quickly snagging ports from under your nose. So unless you actually WORK for the ports, they rarely just come to you anymore.

2) Druids can group: Post 39, get this idea out of your head. Competing with a CH cleric is impossible considering 90% of the dungeons are indoors.

3) Quadding / charming: both GREAT/the BEST ways a druid can get xp... IF you can find a spot... post 50 there is literally 4 spots to xp as a druid solo... unless you feel like root rotting your soul away. these 4 spots are literally permacamped, so as soon as you log on, send a message to a player that's at the spot, or youll never get in.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard 18+ swarm kiting for the dings.
I'm surprised this is the first time Bard was mentioned. I remember them being incredible soloers in live.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, life used to be awesome as a Druid... But, as of the late murky waters of Kunark get more un-clear.... things get worse until velious release.

1) Druid make great money porting: Unless you are in Dial a Port (which is basically PoK books for porters not in that guild) you will have career porters from that guild quickly snagging ports from under your nose. So unless you actually WORK for the ports, they rarely just come to you anymore.

2) Druids can group: Post 39, get this idea out of your head. Competing with a CH cleric is impossible considering 90% of the dungeons are indoors.

3) Quadding / charming: both GREAT/the BEST ways a druid can get xp... IF you can find a spot... post 50 there is literally 4 spots to xp as a druid solo... unless you feel like root rotting your soul away. these 4 spots are literally permacamped, so as soon as you log on, send a message to a player that's at the spot, or youll never get in.
Once Velious hits, you think things will get better?
Old 07-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Kobold

As a druid I never had trouble finding groups as backup heals, dots, and buffing. I quad kited only when I didn't have time to sit in a group for HOURS or when I was waiting for friends to log on or raids.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliverator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a druid I never had trouble finding groups as backup heals, dots, and buffing. I quad kited only when I didn't have time to sit in a group for HOURS or when I was waiting for friends to log on or raids.
I call bullshit. Unless you were grouped with friends not randoms, then its no big deal.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once Velious hits, you think things will get better?
POTG makes for happy druids, and being able to get free mana from the bear is always nice too. Lots more tips and tricks. Cooler outdoor stuff.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is straight forward but you're basically casting cannibalize non-stop all the time. Some folk get tired of it.
Not accurate at all.