Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Qeynos is by far the best area to start if you enjoy quests. They made Qeynos area first, so it has a lot more quests than any other city.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

@Ikon on Qeynos Hills:

There are two Rabid Wolves that spawn in and roam along the west side of the map, up and down the hills. There seems to be a mysterious third Rabid Wolf who sometimes roams along the eastern side of the zone, frmo time to time popping by in the lowbie area around where you zone into from Qeynos Proper.

The Rabid Grizzly roams from north to south and back again in a path a bit west from the Blackburrow Entrance. I'm not sure if there's a second, but the spawn times are so low at 6 minutes that running a 'rabid triangle' buffered by gnoll fangs from the surrounding blackburrow crew is a solid way of doing 10 to 15 in a handful of hours.

Suffice to say tho, that if you or a groupmember possesses track, it will be a lot easier and one might think that West Karana might be even better.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

that is how it used to be fugazi, unless it's been reverted back. with the karana plague event patch the wolves and grizzly are all over the place. I've found one of the wolves all the way in the NE corner by the dread corpses.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Ikon on Qeynos Hills:

There are two Rabid Wolves that spawn in and roam along the west side of the map, up and down the hills. There seems to be a mysterious third Rabid Wolf who sometimes roams along the eastern side of the zone, frmo time to time popping by in the lowbie area around where you zone into from Qeynos Proper.

The Rabid Grizzly roams from north to south and back again in a path a bit west from the Blackburrow Entrance. I'm not sure if there's a second, but the spawn times are so low at 6 minutes that running a 'rabid triangle' buffered by gnoll fangs from the surrounding blackburrow crew is a solid way of doing 10 to 15 in a handful of hours.

Suffice to say tho, that if you or a groupmember possesses track, it will be a lot easier and one might think that West Karana might be even better.
Yeah. I was curious about the variance of mobs so I killed every wolf and bear in the area and an extra wolf and bear spawned on the Hadden side so they have PH's. The one wolf on the QH side doesn't of course.

Tried the other side and first clearing of all the bears and wolves gave me a rabid grizzly and two wolves as well. Maybe every wolf / bear is a ph for rabids although haven't had two grizzlies on one side yet, definitely up to 2 wolves on the BB and 2 on the hadden side.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I was curious about the variance of mobs so I killed every wolf and bear in the area and an extra wolf and bear spawned on the Hadden side so they have PH's. The one wolf on the QH side doesn't of course.

Tried the other side and first clearing of all the bears and wolves gave me a rabid grizzly and two wolves as well. Maybe every wolf / bear is a ph for rabids although haven't had two grizzlies on one side yet, definitely up to 2 wolves on the BB and 2 on the hadden side.
pre-karana event it was basically as fugazi stated, 2 rabid wolves were on the west side of the zone. The lv3 wolf spawned by a tree fairly close to qeynos and would path north a bit further then the 2nd spawn. The 2nd spawn, lv5 wolf, spawned a bit south of the lake and pathed almost down to where the first wolf spawned and then would trek up NE towards the road.

bear spawned outside black burrow near one of the gnoll watchers and would path in a circle.

I've probably killed those 3 spawns over 1000 times across all my characters, this was all before the pathing got messed up so who knows.. like others have said these mobs show up in WK now too!
Old 12-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for this nice guide, gonna check it out - have a wiz twink in Qeynos ready to go.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

bump, haven't played in a spell. Is the karana plague still going on? Will it ever end on this server?
Old 07-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

bumping the OG of bread quest threads.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Large Rat

Thank you for this thread. I had fond memories of the Qeynos are back on live, but because I was a zek-worshipping dark elf warrior I didn't have access to a lot of quests out there. Still enjoyed the density and flavor of the zones (even the wandering aggros of which there were many). Not surprised they were among the earliest put together. Reading this thread inspired me to get back out there with a more welcome character.

If you ever run across Yngol the barbarian shaman feel free to ask for a rabies cure and any other goodies I can manage.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:23 PM
Aviak

I've been killing rabid wolves but there is currently only 1 spawning. I have spent agggeesss looking for the second, but to no avail. I'd be happy for someone to prove me wrong, maybe a ranger with track, but only 1 rabid wolf.

Plus the rabid grizzly seems to have a few place holders too now?
Closed Thread