Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Kobold

Was having issues during high pop times with bad ping causing crashes. Switching to WinEQ2 seems to have fixed my issues. Instead of 900 ping, crashes, desyncs and stuff, I topped out at 280 ping, usually more around 130 (i'm in San Diego, so higher base ping)
Old 02-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Large Rat

After the patch, it does work fine. I thought it finally solved,thanks God and the p99 staffs. From the crash (screen freeze,etc) ratio 1/2 to prolly 1/6. This "fine" situation works for a few days. But now...the crash came back....

so many crash, so many freeze. Made me hard to continue playing.
Hope the problem could be solved soon...
Old 02-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Orc

Any work being done on this? I'd say it's a good 50/50 if I'm going to crash while zoning.

I do notice that when the game crashes, the forum "goes down" for me... not sure, but I'm thinking its something network related.

Running a Dell Optiplex 390 with an SSD, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 7800 series GFX.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Brand new player

... having this problem as well. I've been struggling with it for a couple days trying to get things stable, but I'm about at the end of my rope. I've read through pages and pages of people having similar problems and finding solutions, but nothing so far has worked reliably. The zoning crashes happen alongside others:

-About half the time when I move past server select I get kicked back to login, with a 1017 to follow. Interestingly, even after the 1017 window, it often lets me log in to character select.
-Often (over half) when trying to enter world I get kicked back to login as well. When this happens, the character appears to login, since I get a 1018 for a few minutes afterwards.
-In the event that I actually am able to make it into the game, I crash when zoning about 50% of the time, maybe a bit more.
-I have yet to have a disconnect from the world that wasn't related to zoning, however.

I'm currently running: MSI z170A Gaming M5 with a Intel Skylake 6700k and an MSI 1070 Gaming X.

Things I've tried:
-I'm running with WinEQ2, running as admin.
-I've tried various compatibility modes with no notable difference. I've tried reinstalling a few times with no luck, both with Duxa's all-in-one and without.
-I've tried various resolution tweaks.
-I've gone with antivirus turned on and off both.
-I've tried at my normal overclocked settings, without any overclocked settings, and currently underclocked under 4.0ghz (since I found a post saying this helped).

No luck at any of the marks.

I've also tried installing and connecting from my laptop, but the above symptoms seem to persist there as well in nearly the same flavor.

As such, I was thinking maybe it's a connection issue? I initially had my PC wired via my router, but cutting the router out for a direct line didn't seem to help either.

When I'm able to connect, my ping hovers around 25ms, and using the command prompt to ping eqemulator.net returns under 15ms. The problems do seem to be worse during peak times, though, so maybe it's still something weird connection wise?

Any thoughts or advice?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuvator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... having this problem as well. I've been struggling with it for a couple days trying to get things stable, but I'm about at the end of my rope. I've read through pages and pages of people having similar problems and finding solutions, but nothing so far has worked reliably. The zoning crashes happen alongside others:

-About half the time when I move past server select I get kicked back to login, with a 1017 to follow. Interestingly, even after the 1017 window, it often lets me log in to character select.
-Often (over half) when trying to enter world I get kicked back to login as well. When this happens, the character appears to login, since I get a 1018 for a few minutes afterwards.
-In the event that I actually am able to make it into the game, I crash when zoning about 50% of the time, maybe a bit more.
-I have yet to have a disconnect from the world that wasn't related to zoning, however.

I'm currently running: MSI z170A Gaming M5 with a Intel Skylake 6700k and an MSI 1070 Gaming X.

Things I've tried:
-I've tried various compatibility modes with no notable difference. I've tried reinstalling a few times with no luck, both with Duxa's all-in-one and without.
-I've tried at my normal overclocked settings, without any overclocked settings, and currently underclocked under 4.0ghz (since I found a post saying this helped).

I've also tried installing and connecting from my laptop, but the above symptoms seem to persist there as well in nearly the same flavor.

As such, I was thinking maybe it's a connection issue? I initially had my PC wired via my router, but cutting the router out for a direct line didn't seem to help either.

When I'm able to connect, my ping hovers around 25ms, and using the command prompt to ping eqemulator.net returns under 15ms. The problems do seem to be worse during peak times, though, so maybe it's still something weird connection wise?

Any thoughts or advice?
Currently experiencing exactly the same issues as this guy. Fresh install of the one Casey put on pirate bay. I used to play like a year ago and didn't have these problems. Running Win 7 64 bit on a toaster.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuvator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Things I've tried:

Any thoughts or advice?
Same problems....been playing fine for a couple of mouths and nothing on my computer has been changed but yet today 60% or more of the time that I zone even if that zone is a log in I crash back to the log in. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timmel - Level 22 Dwarven Pally Extraordinaire!

Matrem - Level 12 Wood Elf Ranger and Ultimate Tracker

Joradim - Level 15 Barbarian Shaman (A Legend in his own Mind)

Iseldur - Level 26 Wood Elf Druid and Future Port Master

Agnosis The Great!!!! (Noob)Iskar Necromancer to the Dark Gods

None are currently higher than level 7 as I just starting playing EQ lol
Old 06-30-2019, 05:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I also crash 50-70 % of the time when I zone. And its random, not the same spells or same zone. I am druid and zone alot and its really not good for me. I heard that when I have people with me and crash, they crash too.

Anyone know any sollution ?
Old 01-09-2020, 04:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Anyone still watching this thread? I know this has been a problem for quite some time, just wondering if anyone had any new suggestions to try. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:20 AM
Large Bat

Quote:

Things I've tried:

Any thoughts or advice?
I have done the same. What fixes the zone crash issue?
Old 01-28-2020, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

I've been playing a few weeks and crash a lot. I did compatability mode sp2 i don't know if there's a difference in 2 or 3 from anything I've read. It helped a lot but almost every time i log out to switch eq crashes, also maybe 1/5 zones I'll crash. I'm not really sure what to try at this point.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H