Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: McGregor vs Cerrone - who will win?
McGregor 17 47.22%
Cerrone 8 22.22%
....wat? 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default McGregor vs Cerrone, who do you think will win?

They will fight on Jan 19.

I think Conor will win but I sure hope it will be a long and spectacular fight!
Old 01-10-2020, 06:58 PM
Server GM

McGregor should win, but I don't know if he is just there to get paid or actually has the drive to be the man again in the UFC.

I know Mayweather wants to do 2 more fights & was teasing stuff with Dana White. I wonder if it will be McGregor vs. Mayweather 2.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

I doubt McGregor vs Mayweather 2 can happen again. At least not with boxing rules. Mayweather is X leagues above McGregor when it comes to boxing and it's now obvious to everyone, so pay-per-view should not gross anywhere near as much as it did for the first bout.

What would be fun IMO is Tyson Fury getting coached by Conor for UFC (apparently it was mentionned), and try his luck at MMA.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:45 PM
Former Guide

Cerrone by Guillotine end of Round 1.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

It's happening on the 18th.

As much as I like Cowboy and as much as I dislike Conor, it's going to be Conor most likely. Even though Conor is rusty, Cowboy is coming in after two recent TKO losses. When Conor is hungry he is more dangerous and I would say he is pretty hungry to make himself relevant again. Definitely rooting for Cowboy though.
Last edited by ZiggyTheMuss; 01-10-2020 at 10:53 PM..
Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 PM
Banned

Whos Mgregor?
Old 01-11-2020, 12:31 AM
Fire Giant

He's the primary antagonist of the award winning 1902 children's book The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. Maybe your mummy will read it to you if are extra good this year.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
McGregor should win, but I don't know if he is just there to get paid or actually has the drive to be the man again in the UFC.

I know Mayweather wants to do 2 more fights & was teasing stuff with Dana White. I wonder if it will be McGregor vs. Mayweather 2.
Actually, Cerrone should win considering he has way more tools under his belt. McGregor has great striking, but his cardio is shit. And outside of his takedown defense (which is highly underrated), his grappling just as much shit. McGregor's path to victory consists of storming out the gate and apply the pressure to land a big shot, given that Cerrone is typically a slow starter. But if Cerrone can utilize his grappling, score a takedown, and establish control, he'll make short work of McGregor. People always talk about how great Nate Diaz's grappling is, but Cerrone is right on par with Diaz. And if Cerrone wins, I'd like to see him and Nate run it back.

-Erlick Bachman, President and CEO of Bachmanity
Old 01-11-2020, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

How about silo32 vs DMN?
Old 01-11-2020, 06:05 AM
Banned

#McGregor
Closed Thread