Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering there aren't any dps classes that can equip it that argument isn't too strong.

The agro it generates is pretty poor.
Eh? a mith will outdamage anything but a rogue for melee classes. The aggro is good and consistent, unlike the other options which essentially "pray your poc with garbage dex or be useless".

You obviously know nothing about vanilla EQ.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Plat and DKP are worthless right now, aside from Phinny and dragon loot. If you are looking for a 22% haste edge at this point, and have issues with the current cost, then you probably don't need to have it right now.

If you are dedicated to your melee class right now, then you sure as shit didn't need to hear from me.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the prices are kinda stupid tbh, why do people want 20k plat this early in the game? most players are making maybe 100 plat a day selling FS

like people have said the high end items are just being traded between the poopsockers and are not realistic to obtain for most people, whill the medium and low end items like impskin gloves/gator legs are going for very reasonable prices

so no, the economy is fine, its just those very few highly sought after items are being circulated mostly between the people that play EQ1 and only EQ1
If you made 100pp a day from selling FS since launch... you’d be approaching 10k! Rich
Old 01-26-2020, 08:54 AM
Aviak

I remember top tier tanks in classic wearing 2 SSOY .
mith 2h are from long time, just the best twink weapom for the damage cap. What make fast weapon > hi dps in low lvls.
And rogues are not the only who no use the mith 2h, monks exists, and not in low number.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those items are hugely overrated aswell, you dont NEED fbss to fulfill your role, and there's endless amounts of +mana +hp +str/int items as reasonable prices for people to get that when all put together will make your character much more powrful

like i sold 1 pair of impskin gloves for 2k and was able to get my monk a full set of high end ac/str gear, because the "bis" is hugely overrated by today's player
But it's not an either/or situation. That's why they're expensive. You dont have to have an fbss OR other stuff. You can have both. And once you get the other stuff, they're all that's left to get to improve your character, and they improve you significantly. So they end up expensive until eventually enough are farmed to do the supply/demand thing or new gear is available as alternatives.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Fear is soon! Prices on these will go down significantly if you can wait 2 weeks
Old 01-26-2020, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear is soon! Prices on these will go down significantly if you can wait 2 weeks
I'm interested to see how many more rubi BPs are suddenly on the market when people start equipping lustrous russet. I know for my sham, I'll want to wear like half the LR instead of stuff like rubi bp or GEBs.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The economy is so fucked right now... here is the economy... "hey guys I'm selling mith 2h for 20k PSTTTTTT" .... "hey guys I'm buying mith 2h for 8k xdddddddddddd"... no items actually get sold. Nice economy
yeah, that's what an economy is. If an economy is 'good', that doesn't mean you get the prices you want, it means that it is accurately following normal market forces. If people want to actually sell, they will eventually lower prices on things, but you have to wait until that process reaches a level you can afford. Or, you need to make more plat. Pick one.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:45 AM
Large Rat

People complaining about economics in an elf simulator are playing the game wrong.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Server have 1000 players averange, if each player generate averange 100p each day, the full server generate 100.000p each day. How much items drops each day? And how much money expect retailers? This is why items roots in the market, one guy can pay 100k for a manastone, but are imposible each 48 hours one guy buy a manastone.

Specialy now wen money sink in buy spells and tradeskills
Closed Thread