Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default gem icons/spell pictures

Hiya,
I installed the "mandatory" spell files so that the spell descriptions would be correct when viewing a spell. Little did I know that not all of these were indeed mandatory and now all my gem icons and spells pictures look, what I consider to be, awful. The problem is the pictures look nothing like what the spell actually does, eg SOW has the picture of a giant shield, rather than quickly moving feet.

Anyway, I realize that I could reinstall the game but that's sort of a hassle and I have everything set up all perfectly. I am using the velious ui, which I like a whole lot minus a couple things. But the main thing preventing me from using it is that you can't see what buffs a pet has.

Getting to the point here... I was wondering if someone could upload the file which would set the gem icons/pictures back to normal.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

uhh also I apparently can't view how much mana I have which kind of sucks being a spellcaster and all.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Sounds like you're missing something; sow should be a foot in the old graphics.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

New idea... could someone post me a link of where to get ui files because all the ones I have tried, other than velious, haven't worked.

Whenever I try a new ui interface I find on the net I get this error: "the xml files are not compatible with current everquest files"
Last edited by nalkin; 01-14-2010 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Aviak

I have a pretty much similar problem. All UI's *except* for the remade velious UI have incorrect spell icons. The default UI has the wrong spell icons, and even the older default "luclin" UI has incorrect icons. Only the velious one seems to have the correct spell icons/gems.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, and my only beef with the velious ui is that you can't see what buffs your pet has. I love the little guy and I wanna know everything about him.

I tried reinstalling the entire EQ titanium twice today and everything was the same ie my gem icons and what not were all messed up.

What I need is just a new ui that will work. So if anyone has any links to workable interfaces I would be much obliged. I saw a thread on here where people had custom ui's but they didn't say where they got them. So, I know they are out there. Would a working custom ui please stand up?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

I use the default one and only make the mandatory changes posted at the top of the walkthrough. That's the best I can tell you...
Closed Thread