Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened on the 5%?
I've never lost anything from drop transferring but once I didn't do a loc first and ended up casting about for the proper tree or whatever. I found it in a minute or two. That's the only issue I've ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly do you lose items drop transferring unless your internet happens to go out right in the middle? Assuming nobody else picks the items, because one would have to be silly to do drop transfers in a populated zone.
I don't. These other guys do, I guess. Probably because they're being silly as you describe.

Find-a-friend if you think that's easier. Takes all kinds.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 08-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

I've done it probably 50 times over the years, never had a problem.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Kobold

Ground Transfers are better in zones with less traffic, but close by. Nek Forest for example. Plenty of oddball places to drop a bag and not have it be something someone would randomly stumble upon.

Then again, I play Dark Elf toons, so I may be biased.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Dial a Port is great for transfers. There is always a few in the Tunnel. Just do / dial . The ones that aren't tagged are usually meddling for porting or trying to sell/buy

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Kobold

Just find somewhere obscure where no one goes and no NPC paths. Move both characters there before you drop, so it's a simple logout/login. I like the areas you can swim to off the Freeport or Qeynos docks.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Orc

Default re:

i appreciate everyone's response.

i ultimately thought, hey, i havent played this game in years. so eff it. if i lose my item ill just quit. so i dropped my fungi tunic remarkably close to the EC tunnel and it was there when i logged into the other toon.

so im still playing for now
Old 08-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i appreciate everyone's response.

i ultimately thought, hey, i havent played this game in years. so eff it. if i lose my item ill just quit. so i dropped my fungi tunic remarkably close to the EC tunnel and it was there when i logged into the other toon.

so im still playing for now
Why would anyone be so careless is beyond me. At the very least run to some obscure location in Freeport or Neriak. This is why people lose things during transfers I guess.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Aviak

I always used the diseased huts in EC my self for drop transfers.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
scored 1 of them 9 wis shields from sola and a bunch of other crap from someone else's failed drop transfer a few weeks ago #ballin
Lol pras. On red tamtam deleted all this Mexican guild <Domingueros> guys high quality pelts and snake fangs and lowbie armor/weapon. It was like his net worth.

He logged in as tamtam was deleting it and let him know.

You felt bad reading the screenshots at first, but laughed really fucking hard at the same time.

"To keep from crying I laugh" - wayne

Join red today.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol pras. On red tamtam deleted all this Mexican guild <Domingueros> guys high quality pelts and snake fangs and lowbie armor/weapon. It was like his net worth.

He logged in as tamtam was deleting it and let him know.

You felt bad reading the screenshots at first, but laughed really fucking hard at the same time.

"To keep from crying I laugh" - wayne

Join red today.
that was a good time