Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 12:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you weren't playing a high level toon around the time velious was dropped on live. Raid mobs were up all the time. On most servers all but one guild could even field enough 50-60 lvl players to down dragons, let alone the insane non classic everything dying within 3 minutes of spawning non classic training/pulling mechanics non classic clicky use list goes on and on and on... Basically the raid scene on p99 is lightyears away from what everquest raiding was in real velious.
Did you read what I wrote instead of cherry picking a single sentence from my post?
Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM Event quake once a year (p99 or classic anniversary) where targets are divided up. Killed in the most classic style as possible instead of the most efficient. Take screenshots/video. Marketing for your guild and p99 server.

Put on your bronze and mithril two hander and fight Nagafen. Fight faydedar in the water. Crawl up to inny’s room and get grav fluxed 100 yards constantly. Bust into the thurgadin royal court and murder everyone red-wedding esque. A dead tormax in front of his throne of whoever’s dragon head that is.

That’s my dream for a rotation/classic nostalgia experiences. The other 51+ cycles be competition or whatever.
pras Detoxx's serverwide tov crawl
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 03-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic Everquest is fundamentally not a game you'll enjoy playing.
It amazes me that you can get through this long conversation and still say this with a "straight face". NOTHING, I repeat:

NOTHING!!!

about the current P99 "competition" system is in any way classic EverQuest. Classic EverQuest is about groups of people organizing to kill dragons; how can you not understand that? P99's competition system is wholly separate from that (to the point where multiple people in this thread have said they literally don't care about the "killing dragons part", and all they care about is beating other people at the P99 competition game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't have a whole lot of skin in the game, rotations or not I'd probably stand the same chances of actually getting any significant raid loot. But I just think it would be boring.
Wait, so you're putting all this effort into defending a non-Classic EQ system you're barely even involved with, because you think a system which has never even been tried for a single day on P99 (but which was used, very successfully, on live/classic EQ servers) might be "boring" relative to the system we've had for 10 years that you barely participate in?!? A system that has clearly encouraged:

Quote:
shitty behavior and tactics or the "get mobs at all costs" mentality
for the entire decade that we've had some variation of it place? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm at a loss.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

What Live servers had the GMs set up a rotation for content? I'm sure we can point to plenty of player made agreements, but those are not the same thing. As I said before I favor open content and PLAYER MADE AGREEMENTS over the staff putting restrictions on content. It's funny that you immediately take that to mean I'd never accept any other system than FTE racing.

Shitty behavior continues because the slap on the wrist punishment makes breaking the rules worth it to certain people. Start banning some of the big trouble makers and you'd have a LOT better situation all around.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Genuine ignorant question here; Is FTE a classic resolution process for determine who takes the treasure from a mob?

Do we have classic levels of 'KSing' here?
Old 03-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It amazes me that you can get through this long conversation and still say this with a "straight face". NOTHING, I repeat:

NOTHING!!!

about the current P99 "competition" system is in any way classic EverQuest. Classic EverQuest is about groups of people organizing to kill dragons; how can you not understand that? P99's competition system is wholly separate from that (to the point where multiple people in this thread have said they literally don't care about the "killing dragons part", and all they care about is beating other people at the P99 competition game).

Wait, so you're putting all this effort into defending a non-Classic EQ system you're barely even involved with, because you think a system which has never even been tried for a single day on P99 (but which was used, very successfully, on live/classic EQ servers) might be "boring" relative to the system we've had for 10 years that you barely participate in?!? A system that has clearly encouraged:

for the entire decade that we've had some variation of it place? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm at a loss.
I disagree
Old 03-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Loramin do you have evidence of rotations being a server rule in Velious? I was on Fennin Ro, one of the largest servers, and there was nothing like a ToV rotation on that server.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

It also presupposes that a GM enforced rotation would somehow be less work for the staff. It'd be way more work to hammer out a rotation week in and week out that'd please all guilds than to enforce the current state of affairs. And that's why it remains so.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin/Yendor, you guys should just go play on TAKP. There are GM enforced rotations and you can do Luclin, which actually has a few more interesting raids than tank & spank Velious. Boxing isn't even mandatory. Having been a champion of rotations in the past, I can vouch that they are Boring.

The truth is you are living in the golden age of Project 1999 raiding! You don't have to track every raid target for 96 hours at a time, but merely wait for bi-monthly repop! Literally all you would have to do is take the Aegis alliance to north during a repop and start crawling in. Raid rules do not allow the zone pull guilds to train you. You would get Vulak easily as long as you had part of your guild on each side of the lava pit.

But you refuse to do this, because you don't want to put even the smallest amount effort in. Instead you are following your r-selected evolutionary strategy of status signaling and manipulation. And you are getting told to fuck off. Newsflash: it's only going to get worse. We normal people have had enough insufferable tools like you destroying the country. And your epigenetics are simply not tuned for the imminent (more) k-selected future. If you toughen up a bit, your life from here will be one failure after another.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally all you would have to do is take the Aegis alliance to north during a repop and start crawling in. Raid rules do not allow the zone pull guilds to train you. You would get Vulak easily as long as you had part of your guild on each side of the lava pit.

But you refuse to do this, because you don't want to put even the smallest amount effort in.
You're clueless, Trumptard. Go figure.

There's no bi-monthly repops and you're nuts if you don't think Detoxx and co will pull their raid mobs right the fuck over you. They'll /shout and /ooc once their FTE goes out of course. And you'll either consider yourself warned and get the fuck out of the way or you'll get plowed.

You don't get to stand on the tracks on P99 and then claim outrage for getting trained. I love the concept, but it won't work here. Also, who are you going to complain to when you do get trained?

The lights are on, but no one is home.
Closed Thread