Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should Manastone (and such) drop on Green?
Yes 112 61.88%
No 69 38.12%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Drops it and don't merge with blue.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exqcme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drops it and don't merge with blue.
This exactly. Is the only logical solution.

Merging w/ blue sounds like a horrible idea.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Orc

Manastone, etc existed in the classic timeline, thus it will exist on green. Even if this poll turned out to be 100% against them existing on green, Rogean is trying to create an accurate classic everquest server, your opinion doesn't matter.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

I think some of these items should just be made no drop.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Classic everquest

Move to resolved
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic everquest

Move to resolved
Duping items was also classic everquest.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duping items was also classic everquest.
So were a lot of things no one is asking to see return to P99. Nightblindness, book medding, full screen UI, no windowed mode, lack of mouse wheel camera scroll. We accept the lack of these things as part of P99 because the experience is close enough and because it adds to the game in a way that probably should have always been possible.

The ability to experience a simulacrum of classic everquest will still exist if the guise/MS etc nerfs are retroactive. The people who want to enjoy a classic server will be able to do so without them.

The only players really affected much by it will be pixel crazed fiends unable to get a fix of power, profit, and monopolizing content. Helping to reduce the possibility for toxic anti-social behavior over camps because of an arbitrary nerf timeline should be a greater goal than blindly following the classic era patch schedule.

There would be plenty of other high value items to camp anyway. I'd be much more concerned about availability of FBSS for melee than manastones or guises, but at least we know that FBSS will exist forever and while it might be on permafarm it won't be the same mad rush to get as many as possible into the fewest amount of greedy hands while the inevitable clock is ticking.
Last edited by Fammaden; 04-30-2019 at 04:29 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said that. Of course I'm happy with the progress "the server" has made on things like rolls.

What I'm saying is, "the server" is not a thing: it's a composition of thousands of players and a few GMs, and those are all people.
It’s called a change in culture and it takes time. Give credit to the culture for shunning the status quo. Braknar is part of the culture.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Of course it should drop. If it didn't what is even the point of playing? May as well make AK47s and rocket launchers drop if you're going to remove classic loot just because you think someone camping something is going to impact your life in any meaningful way.

As I said in another thread, I gave away in /ooc a guise during the Kunark launch event in Toxxulia. No one knows it happened. No one cares. I have no idea who - if anyone - looted it or if it simply rotted and it's made no impact in anyone's entire life even if someone did loot it. THAT is how important these special items you people claim with no basis other than your own prejudice and selfish desires are going to ruin green are to the universe. Not at all. Not special at all.

Also for anyone considering blue's lifespan (postmortem) and post-green (after assimilation) well.. you're delusional and wasting whatever brainpower you might have. When green launches blue is officially dead. Just like red was after a few days. Your pixels will effectively be worth less than dogshit when green launches, and likewise when green assimilates all our pixels are trash. Enjoy the experience, not the grind.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only players really affected much by it will be pixel crazed fiends unable to get a fix of power, profit, and monopolizing content. Helping to reduce the possibility for toxic anti-social behavior over camps because of an arbitrary nerf timeline should be a greater goal than blindly following the classic era patch schedule.
I'm sure there are a plenty of "normal"/decent people who missed out on a lot of these things the first time around in EQ, and the second time around on P99.
Closed Thread