Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Aviak

First, tell everyone why you're abusing this poll by improperly responding to it. Bonehead.

The admin did not ask you people to vote for whether or not you liked Luclin models. We already knew that a lot of you disliked those models. That wasn't even a matter of debate.

The admin asked all of you to vote for whether or not the Luclin models should be an OPTION for those people who DO prefer them.

But that isn't what you voted for, nor is it what you have been commenting on. Instead, you've simply jumped on this thread as an excuse to flame Luclin and the people who enjoyed it.

So basically... you're a worthless troll with a brain the size of a walnut. Have a nice day and please drive through.

As for how to change the models and textures in this game, one of the methods that I prefer is to use an DirectX injector after the fact. This method allows the game files themselves to remain unaltered, greatly simplifying things for the engine. Explaining the procedures for creating such an injector would be lengthy and outside of the scope of this thread, however. And in the case of uni-brows like Kutter, I seriously doubt that he would be able to understand the procedures... not even if I included pictures and wrote out the instructions in crayon.

PS -- here's one of the Luclin models that some of you people are referring to as "ugly." Let's examine this together, shall we..?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yep, she sure is ugly. Much uglier than a pre-Luclin blockhead, who constantly twitches as if she's suffering from rectal itch whenever she sits down to med.

Verant upgraded the models for a reason: it's because the original models sucked and had become obsolete. Later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Rasterburn; 08-30-2010 at 09:00 AM..
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm not the one asking devs to devote time to something superfluous, cosmetic, and not accepted by the community as something that's classic.

Way to go on not sharing your esoteric knowledge of Luclin models you went out of your way to claim. Not only that, you stubbornly QQ on about a dead horse.

When you call someone a Neanderthal, make sure you pick the right person. I give much more credit to the community - obviously - than you, and there are things known as links. Work as hard on that as you have in decrying how lame it is that I, nor three-quarters of the rest of the pollees, agree with you, and you may have a winner.

"Obsolete", along with beauty, is subjective.

Bonehead.
Last edited by Kutter; 08-30-2010 at 09:53 AM..
Old 08-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not the one asking devs to devote time to something superfluous, cosmetic, and not accepted by the community as something that's classic.
Incorrect.

First of all, it is the ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS PROJECT who asked people to express their opinions. Or have you forgotten who created this poll..?

Secondly, a FULL THIRD of the player base has expressed an interest in having Luclin models available as an option, according to the current poll results. That is not an insignificant number.

Thirdy, I suspect that a lot of the people who voted against the Luclin models did not understand the purpose of this poll... as pointed out in one of my previous posts. I think they were simply voting for whether or not they LIKED the Luclin models... not whether or not they should be an OPTION for those people who enjoy having them.

So if all of the above is indeed true, and if this poll were being conducted and responded to properly, then I suspect that the majority of players would vote in favor of a Luclin models OPTION. Not a requirement... an OPTION. You do understand the difference, right..?

And this is why I began in this thread by saying that this type of issue shouldn't be decided by a poll, due to the fact that a significant percentage of respondents are not voting properly. Including you, Kutter.

PS -- the reason I placed a few words in CAPITAL LETTERS is because long ago, I learned that mentally challenged people such as yourself require additional emphasis, before a particular word or phrase gets through the four-inch thickness of your skull. That's just the helpful sort of guy I am. No charge. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect.

First of all, it is the ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS PROJECT who asked people to express their opinions. Or have you forgotten who created this poll..?
Have you forgotten who answered it? And who consistently reject the idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasterburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secondly, a FULL THIRD of the player base has expressed an interest in having Luclin models available as an option, according to the current poll results. That is not an insignificant number.
Roughly as many as want to see the server turn into some distorted version of PvP. Get my point?

Quote:
Thirdy, I suspect that a lot of the people who voted against the Luclin models did not understand the purpose of this poll... as pointed out in one of my previous posts. I think they were simply voting for whether or not they LIKED the Luclin models... not whether or not they should be an OPTION for those people who enjoy having them.
Re-read all the threads on it. Not only is the community smart enough to understand the poll, they're smart enough to understand that there are things more deserving of the devs' attention. Which you want to ignore. If they were kept busy working on things that didn't contribute to the generally accepted view of classic, we wouldn't see Kunark until 2025.

Quote:
So if all of the above is indeed true, and if this poll were being conducted and responded to properly, then I suspect that the majority of players would vote in favor of a Luclin models OPTION. Not a requirement... an OPTION. You do understand the difference, right..?
Incorrect. You seem to have a dim view of everyone's intelligence except your own.

Quote:
And this is why I began in this thread by saying that this type of issue shouldn't be decided by a poll, due to the fact that a significant percentage of respondents are not voting properly. Including you, Kutter.
Did you proofread this before you wrote it? Einstein?

Quote:
PS -- the reason I placed a few words in CAPITAL LETTERS is because long ago, I learned that mentally challenged people such as yourself require additional emphasis, before a particular word or phrase gets through the four-inch thickness of your skull. That's just the helpful sort of guy I am. No charge. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already called YOU a bonehead. Come up with your own. Anyway, I improperly expressed views on an improper poll, that people who were too stupid to know what they were voting for, rejected. And we're all too stupid to realize it.

That about sum it up there, Mr. Hawking?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you forgotten who answered it? And who consistently reject the idea?
Then he should close the poll and lock the thread. I would have no problem with that. But since he hasn't closed it, then it is logical to assume that he is still interested in seeing some more comments from the community. Period.

But the last thing in this world that I will ever, ever do is stop telling the truth... just because nitwits like yourself can't handle it. Just buck up and shut up, because all of my points were valid and absolutely all of yours were pure horseshit. You no doubt feel threatened by the important points that I have raised, hence your childish compulsion to launch into personal attacks, in lieu of any actual ability to debate things rationally. Don't try to deny that, because your behavior throughout this thread indicates that you are, indeed, a witless troll.

Now then, Kutter: this is the last response that you will get from me... mainly because in comparison to myself, you have the brain of a maggot and the sophistication of a Harlem crack whore. On the evolutionary scale, you and I are not even members of the same species. "People" such as yourself are of the type that I typically scrape off the bottom of my boots. Hence any further correspondence between us would be completely beneath me. Buh bye, little boy. Run along now and try to stay out of trouble.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Then he should close the poll and lock the thread. I would have no problem with that. But since he hasn't closed it, then it is logical to assume that he is still interested in seeing some more comments from the community. Period.

But the last thing in this world that I will ever, ever do is stop telling the truth... just because nitwits like yourself can't handle it. Just buck up and shut up, because all of my points were valid and absolutely all of yours were pure horseshit. You no doubt feel threatened by the important points that I have raised, hence your childish compulsion to launch into personal attacks, in lieu of any actual ability to debate things rationally. Don't try to deny that, because your behavior throughout this thread indicates that you are, indeed, a witless troll.

Now then, Kutter: this is the last response that you will get from me... mainly because in comparison to myself, you have the brain of a maggot and the sophistication of a Harlem crack whore. On the evolutionary scale, you and I are not even members of the same species. "People" such as yourself are of the type that I typically scrape off the bottom of my boots. Hence any further correspondence between us would be completely beneath me. Buh bye, little boy. Run along now and try to stay out of trouble.
I like this guy lol
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I'm sure he would love to spend time doing that with every thread that is basically finished, save for newbs that come in to stir the pot. I know I would.

Quote:
Hmmm. When are you going to provide some links for people that want the Luclin models? Or are we all too stupid? Oh wait, you'd rather waste time QQ'ing.

Quote:
I've met crack whores that could tap dance all the day long on your pompous pseudo-intellectualism. When the evolutionary tree branched off, your ancestors ended up on a twig. And I'm sure the "people" you scrape off the bottom of your boots are those that disagree with anything you have to say. I can't say it's been a pleasure. Thanks.

Bonehead.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Banned

Rasterburn fur prez! Hey, make that injector program for me to use *some* luclin models....Cuz luclin iksar models look queer, the whole change to their swimming animation, srsly, wtf?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zianlo1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rasterburn fur prez! Hey, make that injector program for me to use *some* luclin models....Cuz luclin iksar models look queer, the whole change to their swimming animation, srsly, wtf?
Well the point is this: if the Luclin models were enabled, then you could select which models you want and which you do not want, just by going into the Options screen. And that way, everybody is happy.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Well the point is this: if the Luclin models were enabled, then you could select which models you want and which you do not want, just by going into the Options screen. And that way, everybody is happy.
The only "injector program" this guy has is a daily rendezvous with his Real Doll.

Still waiting, chief. I may even say something nice about you if you post it.
Closed Thread