Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Practice Research

Hello all....hopefully someone can point out what i am doing wrong.

I have been trying to get my research skill up and acquired componets to make the azia and bezia pieces which can THEN be combined to maybe get a skill up.

OK...the problem is I can not seem to find the right combination to produce the azia and bezia. I have a recipe that says combine, bloodstone, wasp wing, zombie skin, piece of parchment and quill. I put these in my Tome of Endless Enchantments and it says i can not combine in this container.

Do i need to use a Concordance of Research?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 AM
Kobold

Sounds like your using the newer (PoP?) research recipes when you should be using the old ones. The old, classic research recipes are MUCH more simple. Go to http://www.thesilversandbox.net/p1999/main.php and look at the research link for your class. I assume you are an enchanter? I'd use this recipe link:

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/researchenc.asp

Basically, all you need to do is combine the necessary pages in your tome. No quills, bloodstones or anything weird; Just the pages.

Hope that helps
Old 11-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

The other trick is to spend 2-3k and all your skill ups to get your research up as you need it or as you level.

A lot of people just did it when they were higher.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like your using the newer (PoP?) research recipes when you should be using the old ones. The old, classic research recipes are MUCH more simple. Go to http://www.thesilversandbox.net/p1999/main.php and look at the research link for your class. I assume you are an enchanter? I'd use this recipe link:

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/researchenc.asp

Basically, all you need to do is combine the necessary pages in your tome. No quills, bloodstones or anything weird; Just the pages.

Hope that helps
You're describing research. He wants to do practice research.

To the OP, yes you need to use a Concordance of Research instead of your regular research book.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks...i will trek over to NK (oh goody...just came from there to Freeport) and pick one up. thanks much.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

You can also get them in sro. No need to go all the way back to NK.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Aviak

Valthalion - I'd recommend Taluvill's approach if you have skill points and a little bit of cash handy since there isn't a cap at the number of training points you can drop into it. Otherwise, yes, combine the 3 research components with parchment and quil in a Concordance of Research then combine the two training rune pieces into your actual research book (Endless Enchantments). I believe that second combine is where you'll receive the actual skill ups.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Orc

On a related topic, is there anywhere to see a list of trivial skill numbers for each research spell?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfinrod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a related topic, is there anywhere to see a list of trivial skill numbers for each research spell?
People have been adding them to the P1999 wiki: http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/ind...Skill_Research
Old 11-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Pretty sure the trivials are 22, 42, 65, 95, 122, 142, 162. I read this somewhere. I am sure of the 95 and 122 for enchanters.
Closed Thread