Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

So Underfoot isn't happening? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Skeleton

One major drawback with PoP and the whole keying thing is that a guild roster is nearly frozen. Anyone who wasn't there for the keying finds it extremely difficult to get caught up. Once the majority of the guild is keyed, there is a strong and understandable urge to keep moving on. Repeating the keying content is the last thing they want to do.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Orc

It's funny, I just read all of your replies and y'all complained about one thing: keying.

Not the content per se, not the Boss battles, not the exp'ing fun to be had, but the keying alone.

Maybe since this server is not ran by SOE, and isn't trying to find ways to make money, the developers could make changes to this system. I dunno, how about reducing the required % of those keyed in a given raid to say a reasonable 40% instead of the 90% i believe it was on live? Or getting rid of the keying all together and making it progression based like everyone else has stated was what they enjoyed.

I liked PoP, the boss battles were fun, the gear had amazing graphics, and even the zones had a fun flavor to them all. BoT was mega fun for instance, as was Plane of Time.

I'm ok with it ending in Velious, but I'll be switching classes because of it. I just think to be so closed minded as to what someone who is in charge of the coding/programming can do is foolhardy. The options are limitless...

Shoot, for all we know, we could see a "Sword of 1000 Truths" pop up out of nowhere... just kidding. Seriously though, y'all are thinking inside the square. Just like my ex, anytime something didn't work out she just pointed out why it didn't or couldn't, but never looked for the solutions that were right under her nose.

P.S. - GoD was the major ball buster in terms of being casual v. hardcore, not PoP.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

PoP was actually the high time of their subscriptions. After GoD it steadily went down though.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Large Bat

Classic EQ, a fantasy world where fantasy creatures like giants, dragons and gods were the biggest foes, ended with Shadows of Luclin (the expansion after Velious) which was based on a moon with offworld civilisations. No more EC tunnel hijinks, just bots in the Bazaar.

Luclin also marked the departure of key EverQuest designers. Anyone who played 1999-2001 will tell you it wasn't the same after that. The pre-Luclin feel is what P1999 has successfully recreated.

As for Planes of Power, it cheapened the old world we had loved, by adding the Plane of Knowledge teleport books which removed all travel barriers.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

yet it was PoP that brought in scripted raid encounters that were more than "tank and spank"
as for zones, Luclin had some of the most amazing dungeons - Greigs End, Deep, Ssra, VT (yeah the key part was insane, once you were past that it was ultra-cool).

Thought I agree "alien" looking netherians were out of place, but don't cross out entire expansion just because of them!
Same goes for PoP - yeah, screw the books, but the rest of it was great. And difficulty of obtaining PoP keys were not any harder (time investment wise) than doing NTOV over and over, gearing up your guild - thought loot of PoP gods were rather scares (VT was great for loot on other hand)
Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Orc

i really want luclin to be available that expansion was so amazing and had lots of emersion to it and it also was great for the early levels and had lots of high and mid lvl content too.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

just add instancing ....like Wow.../endthread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic, Kunark and Velious are largely considered to be the epitome of the Classic EQ experience. Thank you to Project 1999 for keeping that vision.

Don't forget, there are plenty of other servers that host those other expansions to get your fix!
this
Old 04-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Sarnak

Stopping at velious!
Closed Thread