Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Hail and Well Met

After some intial issues with forum registration, I'm back after 18 years away.

Played for about 3 hours last night and met some helpful folks along the way.

Of course, I can't remember how to set up hotkeys, forgot how to loot, muscle memory helped a little bit, but other than that...

Created my character that I thought I had back in the day and messed up and created a human instead of a half-elf. Thought to myself... "wow, sure is darker than I remember..."

Sigh.

Creating another character today.

Any ideas how to transfer some of the helpful items (just 3 really) given to me graciously from my old character to my new one?

I'm on the PvE 99 server.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

*Just recommending this if you can't find anyone local to help with the trade*. If I were you I'd have the new character already made and in the same zone. Pick a low traffic area like an abandoned building and drop the items on the ground and log out. Log onto your new char on and swoop up the items, they should exist at least a few minutes before poofing or wandering eyes finding them. Welcome back and good luck
Old 09-04-2018, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

WB man! I ask random players for transfers all the time so feel free to trust someone to help you. Drop transfer works as well... I think the items stay on the ground for 6 minutes
Old 09-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WB man! I ask random players for transfers all the time so feel free to trust someone to help you. Drop transfer works as well... I think the items stay on the ground for 6 minutes
Oh, the times when I would do a "drop transfer" of items and then get disconnected while trying to log back in to retrieve them...

YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED

...this was especially pernicious during the old dialup days. I guess it isn't truly "classic" without an absolutely shitty computer and internet connection.
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 09-04-2018 at 08:57 PM..
Old 09-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by primecrew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Created my character that I thought I had back in the day and messed up and created a human instead of a half-elf. Thought to myself... "wow, sure is darker than I remember..."

Sigh.

Creating another character today.
You know that you can offset the darkness by adjusting gamma right? IF you wanted to keep that character, you could keep playing and just bump up gamma. Just a thought for more play options. If you really wanted the half-elf, go for it of course!

I play human or Erudite races and have never experienced places where I can't see.
-----------------------
Last edited by Striiker; 09-05-2018 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Banned

Never lost an item ground transferring

found several great things in NFP on red99 in the buildings when you see bankers login and run out of the bank and into a random corner.

( just wait till they logoff then go find weapons / little brown bags on the ground )
Old 09-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did some tests I was able to transfer a couple items. Then I got my buddy set up the other day and we've been playing EverQuest for the last couple days so it's working out really well. You know, I really did want the half elf. So that you and character will just be a mule eventually.

It's a very friendly and helpful people that I've met on the PVE server period been really enjoying playing.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to do the drop transfer a few times. Then I got a buddy of mine set up on titanium and we've been playing for the last couple days. Been having a great time and I've met a lot of friendly people on the PVE server. Although we're both curious why the Jaranas are all green fog and raining...
Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sorry that was voice to txt and just realized the forum does moderated posts... sorry for the duplicate.
Closed Thread