Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-03-2017, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

/rezz

In Iksar-2HS-animation-related news... Someone asked me about my "fix" earlier today, and I decided to set up a test server on my new machine and poke around a bit. And I stumbled onto a real fix.

And it is dumb.

I made a tool back in April on page 2 of this thread to allow replacing any iksar animation with any other iksar animation. The 2HS animation -- which we've established has perfectly fine animation data, the client just fucks up while loading it -- is C03. As it turns out, if you replace C03 with itself (that is, replace C03 with C03)... it gets fixed. What really happens is that the animation data gets moved from the middle of the datafile to the end of the datafile. The position of animation data is not supposed to matter. But, there you go!

The iksar archery animation also has a similar but smaller problem (the feet displace oddly instead of animating as they should) which can also be fixed by replacing C09 with C09.

It's possible that the way the client was corrupting these animations is somehow related to their position in the file, and that different animations will be corrupted now. But I looked over all the non-social iksar male animations, and they seem to be fine with the fixes to C03 and C09 applied. A few other models are defined in the same datafile -- looks like iksar female, barbarians, and a few NPC models -- but I'm too lazy to look at all of those right now.

In any case, hoping a few interested people will try it out and report any problems. If you've used any of my tools to replace your iksar 2HS animation already you should have a "global4_chr.zae" file in your eq folder; make a copy of that and rename it to "global4_chr.s3d", replacing the existing s3d to restore the original animation data before applying the new fix.

I'll probably whip up a one-click fix tool sometime this week if no other animations get obviously fucked up by fixing the iksar ones.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/rezz

In Iksar-2HS-animation-related news... Someone asked me about my "fix" earlier today, and I decided to set up a test server on my new machine and poke around a bit. And I stumbled onto a real fix.

And it is dumb.

I made a tool back in April on page 2 of this thread to allow replacing any iksar animation with any other iksar animation. The 2HS animation -- which we've established has perfectly fine animation data, the client just fucks up while loading it -- is C03. As it turns out, if you replace C03 with itself (that is, replace C03 with C03)... it gets fixed. What really happens is that the animation data gets moved from the middle of the datafile to the end of the datafile. The position of animation data is not supposed to matter. But, there you go!

The iksar archery animation also has a similar but smaller problem (the feet displace oddly instead of animating as they should) which can also be fixed by replacing C09 with C09.

It's possible that the way the client was corrupting these animations is somehow related to their position in the file, and that different animations will be corrupted now. But I looked over all the non-social iksar male animations, and they seem to be fine with the fixes to C03 and C09 applied. A few other models are defined in the same datafile -- looks like iksar female, barbarians, and a few NPC models -- but I'm too lazy to look at all of those right now.

In any case, hoping a few interested people will try it out and report any problems. If you've used any of my tools to replace your iksar 2HS animation already you should have a "global4_chr.zae" file in your eq folder; make a copy of that and rename it to "global4_chr.s3d", replacing the existing s3d to restore the original animation data before applying the new fix.

I'll probably whip up a one-click fix tool sometime this week if no other animations get obviously fucked up by fixing the iksar ones.
How exactly would I go about replacing c03 with c03? The original replacer tool does not allow you to select c03. I want to try this out but I'm not exactly sure about the logistics of doing it.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How exactly would I go about replacing c03 with c03? The original replacer tool does not allow you to select c03. I want to try this out but I'm not exactly sure about the logistics of doing it.
There's two different tools linked on page 2 of this thread; you would have needed to use the second one.

But there's a one-click tool to do all the work for you now, so you should just use that instead if you want to give it a try.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Does this Wolf Form Animation fixer still live somewhere on the internet? Links are dead here, and googles commin up with nothin'.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furinex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this Wolf Form Animation fixer still live somewhere on the internet? Links are dead here, and googles commin up with nothin'.
I hope it does, cause i'm very interested in it as well =)
Old 04-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Furinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnatabar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope it does, cause i'm very interested in it as well =)
A couple posts up has a DL for the global file itself, but the actual application - I cant find. Which kinda sucks because I feel like the timing set in the global file is a bit too fast. I'd slow it down slightly.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:55 PM
Skeleton

Any valid current downloads for this? It’s 2022
Old 05-09-2022, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

The EQClassicHD patch may include this? Zaela's work is mentioned - maybe Sorn can tell us?

https://wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD

-Mcoy
Old 05-09-2022, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

yes it is included in the EQHD package as far as I know

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 05-09-2022, 11:20 AM
Skeleton

Thanks. Appreciate the responses.