Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Banned

Started P99 as a bard.

1. went to Blackburrow and did gnoll fang collection quests with pickup whoevers.
2. went and did bandit sash quests in the karanas banked 600pp by level 18
3. went to Oasis to get some more levels.
4. 24 went to sisters in OOT to get about 3k by level 30
5. went to EC to spend my plat!
6. grouped in the CE for a bit in mistmoore so I wouldnt be a terrlbe group bard (gotta learn the class!)
7. Welt to OT, sold a spot in my group to leach XP while I aoe kited and made about 20k!
8. decided I didnt like my bard and re-rolled an enchanter twinked to the max!

I knew nothing about bards, gnoll fangs, bandit sashes, sisters in OOT or even powerleveling, let alone bard kiting when I started out! Just through the awesome community and amazing forum I was able to figure it all out and definitly saw that if you put your mind to it, anyone can master EQ!

Love this game.

That said, I was lucky that bard was able to do all this stuff without any gear at all heh. I had never played a bard and always wondered what they were all about. Fate was on my side in choosing a bard for my first character.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:32 AM
Large Rat

New here. Playing a pally.

Screw your hand outs. Using what I loot or can afford.

Hope I ain't useless later.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaDark
Screw your hand outs.
Atta boy.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Level 2-Started out as an enchanter and was hunting in Nek at level 4 when an iksar asks in OOC if anyone can do some trades for him. I tell him I can help and he hands me 3 bps full of stuff and about 200 plat in smaller change, I was so encumbered I couldn't move lol.
He logs on his alt and I hand him stuff and run to bank to change money for him.
He thanks me and rewards me with a fine steal dagger and advisor robe.
level 4-8 killed so many nears in Nek I headed to EC with 9 HQ bear pelts. Tried to sell them for 30 each and people kept giving me 40. Someone also gave me a free crude stein.
Level 9 did the stein of Mogguk quest solo(long runs no ports) and spent all my money on cha jewelry and spells
Level 13been soloing in befallen and have replaced all my cloth with damask armor.

Had a person I grouped with comment on how it must be so easy being all twinked out and asked me what level my main was. I told him this is my main and I just started 2 weeks ago and hunted, spent money wisely and helped people who were generous to me.

So it is easy to be ungeared and new and still thrive in this game, just be nice to others and rewards will come your way.

This server is awesome
Old 05-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Kobold

You dont need to wait to have decent armor, you dont have to wait to have 10 slot bags, all you need to do is find the newbie quest or mobs that drop stuff that sells best for money. I started a Iksar Necro, and was able to make nice plat killing spiders and mobs in FoB. Spiders drop tons of silk, and you can sell or use to raise your tailoring to a level to make Bags. I also used the plat to train him in Smithing and Fletching, why fletching, well I decided to switch toons, not because i hated my Necro, i just felt like playing a Ranger. And since Necro's have a high int, i figured he would have a better shot at making Bows.

Well as it turns out i was right, I Trained fletching as high as i could go, i then tried for the best bow and got it on the first try, so now i had plenty of 10 slot bags, a full set of Banded armor, and a sweet bow to start my new Ranger. Thus Bowknight was born, and it was a good choice, since i realized i could make nice money with him too. I did the Qeynos Hills rabid hide quest for nice plat, then i did BB and got to 18, I then moved to NK and did Lighstones and quest for way more Plat, I used that plat to increase gear and weps.

Levels came quick with the help of gear i bought from EC tunnel and the sweet bow. Soon i was making tons of plat killing HG's and other mobs that drop FS. I then started doing camps for gear that i could sell at EC tunnel. Then it just becomes routine, killing and money can become easy at higher levels. You can definitely start with nothing and be able to earn enough to get a Fungi, Haste gear, or Rare clickies, it just takes time and knowing what to camp and were to get plat.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I played live 17 years ago and just discovered p99 3 weeks ago.
I knew I was going to play a wizard so the first thing I did was to level an enchanter(DE) to lvl 8 and do the stein of moggok quest 2 times.( and prep for 3rd)
this gave me an off hand item from the start and a stein of moggok extra which I sold for 250plat ( people ooc WTB them..I can't stand peddling wares in the tunnel )
Next I made the wizard and collected "spider silks" as I leveled So i could make Raw silk gear, that came in handy.
The plat I set aside for my spells.
I collected a ton of bone chips but i hate selling things so I offer stacks of them to people for buffs in EC tunnel.
Before level 10 I also used my Lvl 8 enchanter to gain all the mats required to raise my cooking to 135 and I offer stacks of fish rools for buffs , because again I cannot stand being in the tunnel peddling wares,.. 8)
i just the other day finished my staff of the wheel quest (wiz) at lvl 16 so now i have a nice 1hb +10 int +10 mana weapon.
Just wanted to share ..thats why this thread was started no?

Modenkane 21 wiz
"if it ain't dead ...I wasn't here."
Old 05-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Good idea for thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Kobold

This is my first experience with EQ specifically and mmo's in general. I was more of a console player. My friend, who has been into EQ since its inception, wanted someone to join him in the adventure.
I started a DE necro because that's what I played mostly in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2. They weren't easy on that platform to start with but they got awesome as the levels went up.*
My friend has helped me power level to 12, now we group around WC with his lvl 12 Mage.*
Wanting to get the "full experience" of EQ, not power leveling, I started a HE paladin.*
Started grinding thru the lower levels. Grouped with some along the way. I have been given gifts unsolicited and made some coin along the way. It has been so awesome!*
GMs have been spectacular when I was desperate, like when, while getting the "full experience", against my friend's advice, I took the boat from Butcherblock to Freeport. It was a nice ride and great view until my char stopped moving with the boat and I found myself swimming smack dab in the middle of the Ocean of Tears! Along comes a spectre and takes me out! (Most impossible corpse run, ever! Probably not but still! LOL!)
Bless Eunomia for the Rez, and corpse delivery to Freeport. Holy moly!*
Again, great community and fun playing either way. Now that I have something to offer other players (bind and darkk empathy), I like to make it available. I never ask for money but some are kind to offer.*

I'd be interested to hear other players "worst case scenario corpse run".*
------------------------------------------------
Melech - 14 Dark Elf Necromancer*
Hundaana - 8 High Elf Paladin
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

My first character on this server was a monk - between the long break since playing live and starting post-velious, I had no idea where to begin.

1 - West Freeport, punching orc pawns and skellies and collecting items for my first sash quest.
4 - Died repeatedly in EC, decided to try East Freeport instead. Found two centurion spawns that dropped DF belts (the wiki said they were great XP!) I could just barely kill both of them one at a time, so I would come home between deliveries at work and kill them, then afk by the guards, repeat. It was a long road to level 8 with my two cracked staves.
8 - started killing in EC, sold my first HQ bear pelt and bought a greenwood bo stick - this would have to last a while.
12 - duo'd nybrights with my shaman friend until 17ish, then solo'd until 20ish for about a thousand plat. Bought two Cane of the Tranquils and 5/55s.
20 - Solo'd crag spiders until I got my tailoring high enough to make a full set of cured silk.
24 - duo'd with shaman friend in LoIO, got misc. groups, eventually upgraded to a wu's quivering staff and a few pieces of cheap str gear.
30 - solo'd sister island in OOT for a few levels & saved up 7k plat. Friend gave me 1k that he had saved up, and I bought an IFS (I cringe at how cheap they are now...) and turned into what felt like a killing machine.

33ish - On the way back from my ocean adventure, I was teleported (via evil boat magic) onto the roof of a building in East Freeport surrounded by an invisible cage. Some kind passersby tried to port me out, but to no avail. I resolved to patrol the rooftop and keep watch over the streets of east freeport for a day or two until a GM ported me to EC. I made no money, but I definitely saw a 2% decrease in crime.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 05-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Large Rat

lvl 12 Barbarian Shaman:

Level 1 Oh god the horror, get these spiderlings off me! TRAIN!
Level 5 Have acquired almost a full set of tattered courtesy of polar bear skin trade-ins. Summonable magical hammer acquired from tribunal symbol quest
Level 10 Wrath orc wristbands for rawhide gloves tunic and pants
Level 12 Got enough plat to buy some other (better) leather armour from vendors, and have slain a bazillion gnolls and turned their fur into a snugly warm magical cloak. I kill Trumpy, take his head and begin my pilgrimage (thanks DIal-A-Port!) to the continent of Feydark! (currently slaying orcs to get a nicer hammer)
Closed Thread