Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Aviak

How to gear a noob iksar Shaman

LVL 1 - Kill Decaying Skells and turn in bonechips

LVL 5 - Farm the spiderling cave in FOB. Sell for 10pp per stack

LVL 9 - Kill every Bonecrawler in The Pit and farm a TON of spider silk. Focus on spiders only as they seem easier and the silk sells well. Sell for 13pp per stack. Use plat for spells/weapon/shield

LVL 12 - Get a full set of Burynai Armor from Kurns Tower. Save all your bone chips and sell for 10pp per stack. (Stay in Kurns till 22)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Burynai_Hide_Armor

LVL 22-28 - Kill Forest Giants in WW for Forest Loops/EXP/PP
http://wiki.project1999.com/Forest_Loop

*Noob gear to spend plat on via Ravager's Guide*
Platinum Fire Wedding Ring x2 ~500p
Golden Jaded Bracelet x2 ~60p
Banded Armor ~90p
Brell's Keg Popper ~100p
Beetle Stinger ~100p
Enchanted Teir`Dal Great Staff ~50p

Laptop Gaming FTW
MSI GT60 Dominator-424
Intel Core i7-4800MQ (2.7 GHz, 6 MB Cache)
NVIDIA Geforce GTX870M with 3GB GDDR5
16GB DDR3L
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD/1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
Last edited by byron2286; 05-29-2015 at 09:15 AM..
Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by modenkane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played live 17 years ago and just discovered p99 3 weeks ago.
I knew I was going to play a wizard so the first thing I did was to level an enchanter(DE) to lvl 8 and do the stein of moggok quest 2 times.( and prep for 3rd)
this gave me an off hand item from the start and a stein of moggok extra which I sold for 250plat
Oh thanks for this post, I forgot about the stein quest. I've forgotten so much about this game actually!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron2286 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[B]
LVL 5 - Farm the spiderling cave in FOB. Sell for 10pp per stack
This is a thing in FoB?
Old 05-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a thing in FoB?
On the map it's called Bonebinder Warrens. The letter "D" on the map.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Field_of_Bone

Laptop Gaming FTW
MSI GT60 Dominator-424
Intel Core i7-4800MQ (2.7 GHz, 6 MB Cache)
NVIDIA Geforce GTX870M with 3GB GDDR5
16GB DDR3L
Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD/1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
Old 05-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron2286 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the map it's called Bonebinder Warrens. The letter "D" on the map.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Field_of_Bone
I had no idea. Crazy. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
33ish - On the way back from my ocean adventure, I was teleported (via evil boat magic) onto the roof of a building in East Freeport surrounded by an invisible cage. Some kind passersby tried to port me out, but to no avail. I resolved to patrol the rooftop and keep watch over the streets of east freeport for a day or two until a GM ported me to EC. I made no money, but I definitely saw a 2% decrease in crime.
This one made me laugh - good story-telling!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Started this past week and rolled an erudite enchanter, had always wanted to try one back in the day.

1-8: Tox Forest. Never ending skeletons and kobolds. Left here with a backpack full of chips, spells through 12, and a sexy set of cloth armor complete with stylish Gold Sr Apprentice Robe.

8: Surprisngly uneventful pilgrimage to Highkeep for 8/12 Enchanter pets. Didn't die, delivered some mail, gated back to the Qeynos area, delivered even more mail.

8-12: Blackburrow was a complete mess of high levels full clearing the zone, but QHills turned out quite nicely. Gnasher showed up for the Medal of Merit quest(+5 cha neckless), 5 bears later I had one of each pelt for some fresh Bear-Hide armor, and the inexplicably magical damage of the level 8 enchanter pet let me grind out wisps.

12: Hoofed it across Antonica to deliver mail to all and clear the Stein of Moggok quest. Rivervale and Oggok were under siege as I passed through, allowing me to scoop a Squad Ring(+5 cha) and Crude Stein. Only lost level 12 twice along the way.

12-16: Charming wisps. AHAHAHAAHA. Good times in West Commonlands unless you were a mob that couldn't deal magic damage. And somehow it got even cheesier... at one point we had a group of 3 druids and 2 enchanters leading an army of Kodiaks to great victory against the Dervish camp.

16: Oh god, why does the boat to OT take so long? Gotta get that Crack Lite though.

16-20: Another trip to HK for pets, and as I was passing by an orc fighting some highpass citizens I hatched a plan: Orc fights citizen, charm orc at around 10%, drag it around a corner, break, nuke, collect full xp on a yellow or red mob.

I died horribly and leveled rapidly. Racfek showed up and gave me a shralok pack in honor of my abusive techniques.

20: Grabbed some fly jewelry in EC.

Still debating the next move, probably UGuk for some quest pieces and sleeves and such.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Started this past week and rolled an erudite enchanter, had always wanted to try one back in the day.

1-8: Tox Forest. Never ending skeletons and kobolds. Left here with a backpack full of chips, spells through 12, and a sexy set of cloth armor complete with stylish Gold Sr Apprentice Robe.

8: Surprisngly uneventful pilgrimage to Highkeep for 8/12 Enchanter pets. Didn't die, delivered some mail, gated back to the Qeynos area, delivered even more mail.

8-12: Blackburrow was a complete mess of high levels full clearing the zone, but QHills turned out quite nicely. Gnasher showed up for the Medal of Merit quest(+5 cha neckless), 5 bears later I had one of each pelt for some fresh Bear-Hide armor, and the inexplicably magical damage of the level 8 enchanter pet let me grind out wisps.

12: Hoofed it across Antonica to deliver mail to all and clear the Stein of Moggok quest. Rivervale and Oggok were under siege as I passed through, allowing me to scoop a Squad Ring(+5 cha) and Crude Stein. Only lost level 12 twice along the way.

12-16: Charming wisps. AHAHAHAAHA. Good times in West Commonlands unless you were a mob that couldn't deal magic damage. And somehow it got even cheesier... at one point we had a group of 3 druids and 2 enchanters leading an army of Kodiaks to great victory against the Dervish camp.

16: Oh god, why does the boat to OT take so long? Gotta get that Crack Lite though.

16-20: Another trip to HK for pets, and as I was passing by an orc fighting some highpass citizens I hatched a plan: Orc fights citizen, charm orc at around 10%, drag it around a corner, break, nuke, collect full xp on a yellow or red mob.

I died horribly and leveled rapidly. Racfek showed up and gave me a shralok pack in honor of my abusive techniques.

20: Grabbed some fly jewelry in EC.

Still debating the next move, probably UGuk for some quest pieces and sleeves and such.
lol you are so winning at EQ, please keep us posted
Old 05-31-2015, 12:37 PM
Aviak

In Classic;
Druid - learned the game in Wood Elf Druid town Kelethin, falling horribly to death repeatedly. Hit Butcherblock and rooted skunks before moving onto;
Warrior - wandered about Freeport area bandaging myself. Got handed Wurmslayer and went nuts in the desert. I recall afk regening on the ruins there.
In P99;
Shaman - wandering the frigid plains, taking down undead and bears. Discovered a fun farming quest for a caster mace, got so excited by the farming I recorded it. Got cocky with my mace and learned that not all guards are equal. http://youtu.be/iVWxBiFZWvU
Now I'm wandering the Karanas, getting eaten by bears.
Paladin - I have a thing for Faydark. Beautiful High Elf in shiny plate. After a long grind I earned every one of my spells. Hunting the undead in their mountain towers. Making nice with the dwarves, in their halls of stone. Hitting newbies with Lay Hands when possible. Watching groups enter Crushbone, making me quibble about investing the time to group.
Monk - being quickly eaten by a plant in the swamp. Pummeling leeches and frogs, terrified of venturing too far. Loving every hour of the super slow resource acquisition.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

I got to level 50 when level 50 was still the level cap.

I was still wearing small patchwork boots.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread