Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Rotation Or Not?
I would like to see the server united and have a rotation for big targets 12 40.00%
Greed, selfishness, poopsocking, squabbling and clusterfucks is not the superior system. 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Orc

delete
Last edited by Dach; 11-25-2010 at 01:59 AM..
Old 11-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Kobold

no no no no no no no no no no no.... no
Old 11-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

what's a rotation
Old 11-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Kobold

Rotations happened because of Poop socking. Essentially there were multiple guilds involved in a rotations in which they would rotate to a different target each week and sit on the spawn during the entirety of the variance as per server rules at the time. Classic Everquest was guilds racing for a shot at gods/dragons. This being said there is a problem in saying this server is actually classic, not based on code or the game mechanics itself but based on the player base.

What do you mean sizzle?
Well, a very large majority of the population on this server has at one time or another been involved in a hardcore raiding guild in Everquest and or another MMORPG. Not to mention that many of these people came back to this game to get their piece of the pie they never had on live servers. On live there were maybe 2 or 3, maximum of 4 guilds (that might even be pushing it) on each server that were capable of doing gods/dragons or even going after them. basically in classic there was a lot less competition.

On P99 we have a situation in which there are probably 5 or 6 guilds that are capable (number/skill wise) of doing gods/dragons. Therefore there is a push for guilds that are "hardcore" to sit in spawns/camp mains fully buffed at the best possible location in order to get first engagement of a boss. These hardcore guilds recognize the ability of other guilds to do the content so they do their best to eliminate the race for a mob. I mean dont get me wrong this will all change come kunark/velious as there will be A MUCH LARGER amount of bosses that will be available to raid.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Classic Everquest was guilds racing for a shot at gods/dragons. ....
On your server maybe, but not on mine. On Brell we had rotations until well into Kunark when everyone realized a 6+ month wait for Venril Sathir was stupid.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Having a rotation is essentially the same as instancing a zone. It's a great system if you want zero competition and long waiting lines. I much rather race a guild and end up losing the target then to have it handed to me on a plate. Just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Screw that, if you want it show up and compete.

It blows my mind that people would want this, but wouldn't want 2 boxing.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Nobody is saying smaller guilds shouldn't get a shot at higher end content. But the bigger "elite" guilds atm don't exactly need to or want to comply to the rotation because why would they short themselves on bosses they're getting?
Closed Thread