Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? What makes it so special? I can’t see spending 300-500 on that (I don’t have that plat either for one thing lol)for something with no stats also because it’s 2hb. Wouldn’t warrior be better served with 1hs or 2hs with AC and Str stats over that or is it just because of the DLY/DMG ratio? Isn’t the warrior bread and butter 1hs or 2hs mainly?
Because it's amazing for the price. And no, you shouldn't even care about stats, especially strength, on a weapon sub level 60.

It'll absolutely be your best agro/dps option until your 40's at this price range. At level 40 you can start using a frostbringer but that costs 2k. For 3k you can wield a WESS at level one for good agro.

And why are you so focused on using slashing weapons? They're not any better in the game generally than other options.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont worry about stats on weapons. Ratio >>>>>>>> stats. Reaver would still be 10k+ without stats.

Staff of Battle is an amazing ratio item for super cheap. You can use it as DPS even in raids post 50+ (when you dont want your DW proc weaps out)

Warriors will want to train all your weapon skills (well, maybe not piercing). As a tank, you will probably DW your proc weapons. In a raid as non-tank, you can get very nice DW weapons, but they are costly and a cheap staff of battle or (relatively cheap) reaver will do comparable DPS.
Nardani's and infestation[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Good info, thank you for that!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Staff of Battle it is then. I’ll get a couple more levels in unrest and try to scrape up some moneys for one. Now that I’m aware of it I see a lot of people recommending it. And then at 40 the WESS and Frostbringer. So are 2HS weapons even worth going for in the future? A warrior gave me a Fellhammer and Shieldstorm, which had nice stats (I’m kinda a stat whore). Should I sell them for Staff of Battle or would I be better served by using them at some point?
Old 07-19-2019, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

My opinion is that you should work all of your skills. This served me pretty well on Live, where one had no clue what was coming in the next expansion.

Here, the rules are a little different - the "set" of all possible weapons is bounded, but the ones you have access to change.

I found a decent 1hb that was better than everything else I was using - and was glad I had trained blunt at lower levels so I wasn't starting at zero.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for working all weapon skills while leveling. At least until your mid to late 30s. Gives you something else to do while leveling as well besides looking at exp bar.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:04 PM
Banned

I have a staff of battle you can have Monday when I’m online next
Old 07-19-2019, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a staff of battle you can have Monday when I’m online next
That would be awesome, thank you! Name is Semperfi. I’m currently in Unrest. I’ll be on a little this wknd, more so Sunday but will look for you Monday evening.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

staff of battle, super value for the price, and is good until 37 or 38

if you can get a frostbringer/wess, those will start to perform better after 38 in terms of dps and aggro
Closed Thread