Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Large Rat

Anyone here have a clue what might potentially be causing this? With Adisyn's post it would seem I really ain't alone in this. Someone might know the cause.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Changing the resolution worked for me. Thanks. I wouldn't have thought of that

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Large Rat

Im beginning to gather from the situation that this may be a video card driver issue with my current video card. It might be likewise the same for you Adisyn.

Geforce GTX 460. I take that that at least the Geforce part sound familiar to you?

If this isn't it, I'm so impossibly up the river trying to fix it... Given it considerable time...

The question for you is simply this. Is it worth rolling back considerably Adisyn to be able to play EQClassic? I can't find any other way around this problem for us.

Maybe I'll do it, but I don't know if newer games will run so well on a rolled back driver. Price ya pay. Unrelatedly, you and I are both suffering from a very VERY Isolated and uncommon problem, I'm beginning to think this will "never" get patched. Which is more then understandable but respectable not to waste manpower on small fry issues. So were gonna have to fix it ourselves.

Hard Cats that.
Last edited by Kittyheart; 12-14-2011 at 03:15 AM..
Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 AM
VIP / Contributor

I'm on a GTS 450 - which isn't terribly different from your card - using the most recent drivers, and no problems here. Not sure that's your issue.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Banned

Try doing a complete uninstall, deleting any regedit info for Everquest and the eqclient.ini information (thats what I had to do). Then make sure your computer resolution and game resolution are matching. You should also be able to get in if you set the settings down to like 600x400 at least one log in, then from there set to windowed and a resolution thats less than current desktop setting. Resolution and windowed mode are the keys to success here.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

am having an errorcode-sp1 come up when i get to the character area of my log on and i have no idea what to do from there